Remote Mount will not mount

• It just will not mount from one OMV to the Next all setting are correct (I think ) just will not mount.

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount '/srv/a5f52b92-c76f-4caa-9d81-a0e932642505' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount error(115): Operation now in progress Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

• Offizieller Beitrag

It might not make a difference but the share name should not have the leading slash. if it still fails, it is likely a permissions issue. is the remote host a Windows 10 Home system?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ive had a go without the slash with one before and after none all the same.

And no the host is OMV also i know the share works fine as its in use with many other devices.
    Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

And no the host is OMV also i know the share works fine as its in use with many other devices.

Both systems are OMV?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Correct, Host is omv 2.0. and im trying to mount on OMV4

Then the username should be a local user on the OMV 2.x host with permissions to the share not darkvodka34@outlook.com.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is my username under 2.0 the share works fine and it in use with other devices. just will not mount in 4.0

I am surprised that even works. It is a terrible idea. The @outlook.com is overriding the hostname. I assume you added it because that is your windows login name but you should use Windows 10 credential manager instead. This will never work in remotemount because the fstab entry appends the hostname in the fstab string. So, you end up with two @ symbols which won't work. Create another user with the same permissions to use with remote mount.

• I am surprised that even works. It is a terrible idea. The @outlook.com is overriding the hostname. I assume you added it because that is your windows login name but you should use Windows 10 credential manager instead. This will never work in remotemount because the fstab entry appends the hostname in the fstab string. So, you end up with two @ symbols which won't work. Create another user with the same permissions to use with remote mount.

I did same problem works fine on 2.0 must be something in 4.0

• Getting this now even tho the host defo NOT down. this is with user "remote"

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount '/srv/e692c910-4494-47c6-b23f-4bb56e0e4945' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount error(112): Host is down Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did same problem works fine on 2.0 must be something in 4.0

Yep, the remotemount plugin didn't exist in 2.0. The remoteshare plugin did things much differently. I wrote both of them. OMV 2.x also used samba 3.6 vs 4.5 for OMV 4.x. Regardless, I still wouldn't use a user with a domain appended.

• Yep, the remotemount plugin didn't exist in 2.0. The remoteshare plugin did things much differently. I wrote both of them. OMV 2.x also used samba 3.6 vs 4.5 for OMV 4.x. Regardless, I still wouldn't use a user with a domain appended.

Yup remoteshare that worked fine. ive used the username "remote" now and tells me host is down when its indeed not.

Think its a problem coming from samba 3.6 to the 4.5 from omv4.0?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Getting this now even tho the host defo NOT down. this is with user "remote"

Sounds like a samba protocol version mismatch.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No fix than other than upgrade my 2.0 box?

While that is a good idea (actually a fresh install is better), it is possible to specify the smb protocol version of a mount in the mount options.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!