How to Reinstall update-alternatives?

• Offizieller Beitrag

how do I reinstall update-alternatives?

update-alternatives is part of the dpkg package. So, that is very bad it is missing. What is the output of: apt-get -f install

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• update-alternatives is part of the dpkg package. So, that is very bad it is missing. What is the output of: apt-get -f install

Looks bad, procps and perl are having errors. I am not even sure why this is happening but I got a bad feeling about this one

• Offizieller Beitrag

Assuming you are using an amd64 OMV 3.x system, try (as root):

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dpkg/dpkg_1.17.27_amd64.deb
    dpkg -i dpkg_1.17.27_amd64.deb

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Assuming you are using an amd64 OMV 3.x system, try (as root):

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dpkg/dpkg_1.17.27_amd64.deb
    dpkg -i dpkg_1.17.27_amd64.deb

Thanks! That allowed me to install and update plugins again (but I saw some "Bad Gateway" messages but was able to close the dialog)

When I was uninstalling one of the plugins, I saw this though:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I saw some "Bad Gateway" messages but was able to close the dialog

Those are probably from nginx restarting. Shouldn't be a problem.

tee: not found

That isn't good. tee is provided by coreutils. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -v ^ii

• Those are probably from nginx restarting. Shouldn't be a problem.

That isn't good. tee is provided by coreutils. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -v ^ii

Code
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold                                                                                                                     
    | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend                                                                                
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)                                                                                                    
    ||/ Name                               Version                           Architecture Description                                                             
    +++-==================================-=================================-============-========================================================================
    =============                                                                                                                                                 
    rc  linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64    4.9.30-2+deb9u5~bpo8+1            amd64        Linux 4.9 for 64-bit PCs                                                
    iF  openmediavault-omvextrasorg        3.4.31                            all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault                  
    pH  openmediavault-teamviewerhost      3.0.1                             all          Teamviewer Host plugin for OpenMediaVault.

This is what I got

Sorry for not mentioning this earlier, I just recalled what happened last night. I was updating some plugins when some of them started giving similar errors, so I decided to reboot and see if that clears any error.

During boot, it stopped until I did a fsck -a (or something like that) and then it continued, leading to this thread.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess you need to fix tee the same way was update-alternatives.

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/coreutils/coreutils_8.23-4_amd64.deb
    dpkg -i coreutils_8.23-4_amd64.deb

Then hopefully apt-get -f install can fix things.

• I guess you need to fix tee the same way was update-alternatives.

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/coreutils/coreutils_8.23-4_amd64.deb
    dpkg -i coreutils_8.23-4_amd64.deb

Then hopefully apt-get -f install can fix things.

Thanks! That did the trick!

After those commands, I decided to run this again

Code
    dpkg -l | grep -v ^ii

It showed me the same teamviewer plugin. I went into the Plugins and saw that its Installed light is off but I can press the Uninstall button for it. It uninstalled successfully and along the way I too successfully installed another plugin.

Only think left was an old header, which wont matter much but why would it be there in the first place? Did the update procedure then forget to remove it properly?

I am also curious about the fsck in the first place that led to this. Should I schedule a disk check?

• Offizieller Beitrag

which wont matter much but why would it be there in the first place?

It is removed but not purged. So, it isn't hurting anything.

Did the update procedure then forget to remove it properly?

Hard to say but it happens from time to time.

I am also curious about the fsck in the first place that led to this. Should I schedule a disk check?

When you rebooted, a filesystem might not have unmounted properly leading to the need to fsck. Shouldn't hurt to schedule a check.

• It is removed but not purged. So, it isn't hurting anything.

Hard to say but it happens from time to time.

When you rebooted, a filesystem might not have unmounted properly leading to the need to fsck. Shouldn't hurt to schedule a check.

Thanks, so should I do a fsck and then an extended SMART test just to be sure?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would do the fsck. Did the short smart test show anything?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Everything passed so far, which means there are no problem?

That is a good sign.

Still puzzled on why this occurred in the first place

As mentioned before, if the filesystem didn't unmount properly (process not stopping) when you rebooted, it is possible.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!