Plex plugin web page, OMV web GUI, and SSH all not responding, but unit responds to ping on local network?

• (TL;DR - I seem to have screwed up my network settings on my oDroid OMV, I am out of town but have a friend who can type commands into my local box directly at the house keyboard, how do I reset networking and other parts of OMV / Plex / SSH to factory locally, not using the web GUI which I can't get into, and without reformatting the microSD card? Thank you so much!)

Hi all - So I recently tried to watch a movie via the OMV Plex plugin while I was away from home, and it said I was in "limited bandwidth" mode. It was working fine a few hours earlier, with all ports properly forwarded in my hardware router and no internet speed issues, but now I cannot open the OMV web GUI either 192.0.x or off-site (both of which I was able to do hours ago), cannot SSH into the unit either 192.0.x or off-site, and also cannot access the Plex media server page directly via 192.0.x or off-site.

Yet I CAN "ping" and get an instant response from the OMV server from the local network at my home (with my friend's help at the local keyboard and mouse). However and most oddly, in addition to no remote access, we also have no local PuTTy connectivity or WinSCP access from the PC on the local network (which we had earlier). Connection rejected. Also from the computer on the local network, we cannot access the 192.168.0.x web pages for either Plex server or OMV admin (timeout), or access via SSH or SFTP (denied), whereas we could earlier.

This all started in an attempt to stop a Chinese spam IP address from connecting to my server via SSH, I was working with the "IPTABLES" command and it was suggested I intall "UFW" to try to and block them. That did seem to work, and eventually their SSH protocol port scan stopped, and I was still able to log in and SSH in, but after a reboot things totally stopped working for me as well.

My friend who has physical access to the server in my home, when they power up the unit locally, they can see the local oDroid login screen, we can move around the file system, and the local status screen shows a proper local IP address on the OMV command line interface. Also we can "ping" the unit via my local router and desktop PC. Just no outside network access at all, though all ports are properly forwarded in the router, and it worked a few hours earlier, which leads me to think it's a software / setting issue.

As long as I have remote access here off-site, I can reconfigure everything via web pages and VNC, including adding Samba shares etc via the OMV web portal access. I am not against a total reset of the software, but if we have to reinstall it from scratch onto the microSD card that may be way over my friend's head even with a step-by-step guide.

And there's also the matter that I CAN watch movies and access Plex remotely here, but just with 1 megabit "limited bandwidth" mode which is potato quality audio and video. However just by virtue of the fact that Plex can 'sort-of' log in and work, and play files albeit at a limited A/V quality, says to me that the oDroid OMV Plex is fine but has some admin element that has come undone.

Router has been rebooted and IP forwards have been removed and re-entered manually, no change.

So it looks like what I need to do is reset the firewall config locally there, with my friend's help using local key commands. But what commands should I have them type in to reset the networking (and firewall, I guess) back to factory? In Windows you can "reset the Winsock catalog" and other things like that; I'm looking for the OMV equivalent(s).

Do I also need to uninstall UFW somehow, and what is the way to do that without totally corkscrewing everything further?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Sadly I can't help you, but have a similar problem.
    My OMV 4 Server suddenly stopped responding to SSH, Plex stopped, JDownloader stopped… Sometimes I get an nginex-error and directly after a nginex restarted-Mail, but so far I am only able to get the serve up running if i hard-reset it.
    I also get an immediate response from a ping.
    Very strange, I have no Idea where I should start to look into…
    I now will restart the server and then dig through some configs, throw out unused extensions and then see, how far I come...

OpenMediaVault 4
    AMD Phenom 2.3GHz, 6GB DDR2-RAM
    Internal (2TB+2TB+3TB) + External (2TB+1TB+4TB+4TB) = 9TB SnapRAID with 2x4TB Parity

• I don‘t have a real solution, but after rebooting the System it works for a randomperiod. I just shutted it down and cleaned the CPU-Fan, it‘s over 30° and I think itz could be heat-related. I now will keep an eye on the Servers Temperature...

OpenMediaVault 4
    AMD Phenom 2.3GHz, 6GB DDR2-RAM
    Internal (2TB+2TB+3TB) + External (2TB+1TB+4TB+4TB) = 9TB SnapRAID with 2x4TB Parity

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!