Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved
    • Just to update, as you said "plain site"....it turns out that after a, um, reboot I've now got all users and groups showing in the backend.

When I connect to a share, can't seem to authenticate with a known working username and password, but that could just be an ACL thing, otherwise I may have to mess around with the SMB/CIFS configuration.

Anyway, thanks for all your help donh. :)
    • Cloggs wrote:

Just to update, as you said "plain site"....it turns out that after a, um, reboot I've now got all users and groups showing in the backend.

When I connect to a share, can't seem to authenticate with a known working username and password, but that could just be an ACL thing, otherwise I may have to mess around with the SMB/CIFS configuration.

Anyway, thanks for all your help donh. :)
      I got similar issue and by doing this, i managed to get it work...probably might help you
    • Greetings all,

I've been working on the configuration of an omv server tied to a windows domain. I've followed the instructions above and now have access to all the users listed in the ad server in the users list of omv. I can assign AD users to shares and at the command line I show that I am joined to the domain. When I attempt however to map a network connection to a share on omv from a Windows 7 workstation on the same domain I get the following error:

"There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request."

I've confirmed that my dns IP for the omv server points to the AD server as does the dns IP for the station I am trying to map from. The dns server resides on the AD server as well.

Keep in mind that the station I am attempting to do this from is joined on the same domain and I log into the machine with the same credentials.

One observation is that under Access Rights Management and users I only see my login one time in the Users list however under Shared Folders/folder being shared/privileges my username is listed twice in the users list there. I am assuming that one is associated with the actual omv installation as I am a user on it and the other originates from the AD server as it doesn't actually tell me. I assigned both references with read write priveledges to the shared folder.

I do show that I have read/write privileges for the share in question.

Any thoughts?
    • Thanks for the info on the guide.

I was following the guide for OMV 5 but it seems it will not work for samba > 4.8 (or 4.6, I'm not sure). It will need winbind.
      So I falled back to OMV 4 and after a while got it working with all users appearing in the console, accessing the server from a Windows client and so on an so forth.
      the only thing I cannot get right (which works in ubuntu using sssd) is remote access to SSH.
      Somehow digging into sssd logs give me something like a "Preauthentication failed".

Is there any troubleshooting guide I can follow on this?

[get_and_save_tgt] (0x0020): 1302: [-1765328360][Preauthentication failed]
      [map_krb5_error] (0x0020): 1371: [-1765328360][Preauthentication failed]

The post was edited 1 time, last by sebasb: UPDATE: Unknown why, but solved post reboot!. ().

• New

Dont ever use DOMAIN.LOCAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should use something like DOMAIN.LAN but never .LOCAL

In the samba documentation y found also that you should never use AD or PDC as hostnames for your samba controller.

When i channged that stuff it worked like a charm!!!

Hope it helps somebody!!!

EDIT: Maybe this thing should be posted in the first post as requirement
    • Users Online 3

3 Guests