[SOLVED] /var/spool/postfix missing each reboot

• Everytime i reboot my NAS it wont send email and after checking the mail.log i see the following error

Code
    Aug  3 20:57:41 openmediavault postfix/postdrop[4788]: warning: mail_queue_enter: create file maildrop/644233.4788: No such file or directory
    Aug  3 20:59:46 openmediavault postfix[2784]: fatal: chdir(/var/spool/postfix): No such file or directory

i look in /var/spool and the folder is gone, This causes OMV to stop sending mail

if i recreate the folder it sends emails fine, The cron folder stays put inthe spool folder across reboots

Code
    root@openmediavault:/var/spool# ll
    total 0
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60 Aug  3 21:05 cron

i recreate the folder and its OK until i reboot

Code
    root@openmediavault:/var/spool# ll
    total 0
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60 Aug  3 21:05 cron
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 40 Aug  3 21:10 postfix

its driving me crazy

OptiPlex 9020M USFF 8GB RAM

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von deejc ()

• i reinstalled omv, and installed all my programs that i had before, and its doing it again.
    upon reboot, the /var/spool folder does not contain postfix.
    if i turn disable email in the omv guy and then re-enabe it, it recreates all the folders under postfix and and all is well.
    I do not think this is my SSD

i put mkdir /var/spool/postfix in rc.local and this creates the folder but it does not allow postfix to populate the folder with all the other folders that are supposed to be there.

• Did you install via iso or did you install debian first and omv via package repositories?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• iso, but I have a ssd drive in my machine and I followed advice that said to put /var/log /var/spool & /var/cache on a tmpfs so that the constant read/writes wouldn't lessen the life of my ssd, i have found a page that points to this as maybe causing the problems.

• i found the following script i will try tomorrow, re-enable fstab entries and try again

• the above is NOT the fix
    i followed a post about moving the tmp folders off of the SSD into ram, and it was this, i reversed it and put everything back and its now OK

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!