Cant use old file Dir from old install

• Hi!

So i found this HP Probook with a very very low budget CPU and low running costs, perfect in other hand for my usage. I primarly use the server for SMB to my old retro systems with Windows 9x/2k/XP OSes.

Last week i discovered that i can install GNOME to it and it was a mistake. GNOME locked me out from access to the server (except SMB and FTP). So i re-installed OMV, didn't work to just remove GNOME still booted to it.

I have a WD Black 320 GB that i use for file. And a Seagate 80 GB for boot. But when i configurated everything again i discovered that it created a new File system directory instead of using the old one. But i know the old one is still there because i see that 20 gb is used of the drive. But i cant access the drive from prompt, just says Access denied.

Is there anyway i can access the drive and transfer the files to the new dir ?

Regards :)

SPECS:
    HP Probook 4610s
    CPU: Intel Celeron T3000 1,8 ghz
    GPU: Intel GMA 4500MHD
    RAM: 2 GB
    HDDs: WD Black 320GB, Seagate 80GB

• Can you please create some captures from the commands you run and the output and paste it here?

Output in textform (not images) would be best.

It is a little bit difficult for me to understand what you actually try in this last step:

But i know the old one is still there because i see that 20 gb is used of the drive. But i cant access the drive from prompt, just says Access denied.

If you cannot access - how do you see, that 20GB are used?

If you try to access, what user do you try?

So giving us more information will enable us to tell you esp. what you can do.

Regarding that sentence:
    But when i configurated everything again i discovered that it created a new File system directory instead of using the old one

Do you mean you have created a new storage filesystem, or do you mean you have created a new root filesystem?

Can you send us the output of following commands:

1. fdisk -l
    2. mount
    3. cat /etc/fstab
    4. a screenshot of OMV guy showing the storage configuration (disks, partitions, filesystem, storage configuration)

Thanks
    Ser

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!