[solved] my bond network is gone after reboot

• hi guys,
    after update and rebooting my server all my network interfaces are gone in the gui.
    i can reach him only on one of four interfaces.

the gui ich complete empty and if i try to add something to the network....i get this:
    Unsupported network interface detected (name=eth0-eth2)

Fehler #4001:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Unsupported network interface detected (name=eth0-eth2)' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/network.inc:310
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: NetworkRpc->enumerateDevicesList(Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('Network', 'enumerateDevice...', Array)
    #3 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #4 {main}

HP-Proliant Microserver Gen8 | omv = always latest | 64 bit | 1x3TB ,3x4TB , 1x500GB HDD for Boot | omvextrasorg = latest | HP P212| Plugins = NUT, HWRaid, luksencryption OMV extras

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DiskMan ()

• no one ?

HP-Proliant Microserver Gen8 | omv = always latest | 64 bit | 1x3TB ,3x4TB , 1x500GB HDD for Boot | omvextrasorg = latest | HP P212| Plugins = NUT, HWRaid, luksencryption OMV extras

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

cat /etc/network/interfaces

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• # The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

# eth1 network interface
    auto eth1
    allow-hotplug eth1
    iface eth1 inet static
    address 192.168.1.113
    gateway 192.168.1.254
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    mtu 1500
    dns-nameservers 194.25.2.130 192.168.10.254

# bond0 network interface
    auto bond0
    iface bond0 inet static
    address 192.168.10.113
    gateway 192.168.10.254
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    mtu 1500
    bond-slaves eth2 eth3 eth0
    bond-primary eth0
    bond-mode 2
    bond-miimon 100
    bond-downdelay 200
    bond-updelay 200

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just out of curiosity, try this. Using nano (or whatever), get rid of the following lines (all of the eth1 lines) and reboot:

nano /etc/network/interfaces

Code
    # eth1 network interface
    auto eth1
    allow-hotplug eth1
    iface eth1 inet static
    address 192.168.1.113
    gateway 192.168.1.254
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    mtu 1500

ctrl-o to save, ctrl-x to exit

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• done.......same error :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Delete the bond too. Then run omv-firstaid and resetup everything in the web interface.

• ohhmmmmm how should i delete anything that is not visable ?

and i have to setup anything in the webgui? anything ? raid, network, website bla bla bla ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess that wasn't that clear. I just meant delete all lines except the first three in /etc/network/interfaces. Then execute omv-firstaid to fix the networking issue. Once you can access the web interface, recreate the bond and make any other network changes. You won't have to recreate anything other than that.

• so only this should be in there ?

Code
    # eth1 network interface
    auto eth1
    allow-hotplug eth1

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just this:

Code
    # The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

• i made it and i have the still same the same error.......i can't delete it :( and first -aid does not help

• Offizieller Beitrag

There must be something messed up in your /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file. You could try manually editing this file but be very careful and make a backup first.

This is what my section of the config.xml looks like for a working bond setup and one other adapter.

Here is my /etc/network/interfaces:

• okay i will do it today......but strange that always the bond network is fucked up...i never had such problems with my normal network card.
    btw. in the firstaid i see the eth0-eth2 choose also.......but normaly its should not or ? because its a virtual network or am i wrong?

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-firstaid should reset everything regardless of how you have it setup. I don't think it is any different because of your virtual network.

• HP-Proliant Microserver Gen8 | omv = always latest | 64 bit | 1x3TB ,3x4TB , 1x500GB HDD for Boot | omvextrasorg = latest | HP P212| Plugins = NUT, HWRaid, luksencryption OMV extras

• should i delete the whole file or only the content volker ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Delete all of the lines after "# line, and change only the value of the NAME= key."

• i deleted the whole file :)
    after this it was possible to setup the network in the right way with firstaid.......it does not show up this time the wrong eth0-eth2 entry in the first row.
    then i setup the webgui and it worked.

i can see all my interfaces again...many thanks volker and ryecoaaron.

i guess i will not use bond in the future....i always have trouble with it.

disk

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!