SFTP = FTP plugin?

• I am preparing for an upgrade from OMV3 to OMV4 and just noticed that OMV4 has no plugin called "FTP" but one that is named "SFTP". Is that the same?
    I have a rather complicated configuration for my FTP plugin in OMV3 and am wondering if I could just upgrade?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am preparing for an upgrade from OMV3 to OMV4 and just noticed that OMV4 has no plugin called "FTP" but one that is named "SFTP". Is that the same?
    I have a rather complicated configuration for my FTP plugin in OMV3 and am wondering if I could just upgrade?

No. The ftp plugin is always installed. The tftp plugin was separated and is a separate install. The sftp plugin is for running a second sftp server which uses ssh (as opposed to ftps which is provided by the ftp plugin). You should have no problem upgrading your ftp config.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks!

I suppose "SMB/CIFS" is also installed per default?

The only important plugin for me that does not seem to be ported is the NZBGet plugin. Is anyone working on providing that for OMV4? Or should I move to running it in a docker container?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I suppose "SMB/CIFS" is also installed per default?

Yes.

Is anyone working on providing that for OMV4?

Nope.

Or should I move to running it in a docker container?

Yes. OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!