Emby docker plugin constantly crashes

• Hello,
    I've tried to install Emby via Docker but no matter what I do, the plugin crashes with a Segmentation Fault within 90 s. I've tried both embyserver:latest and embyserver:beta. My OMV server is up to date.

I started a thread on the Emby forums but wasn't able to find a solution. Luke from Emby seemed interested in me trying to update libc (I believe my OMV server has libc 2.24

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and found a fix? Or perhaps has a suggestion that I can try?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and found a fix? Or perhaps has a suggestion that I can try?

I'm running Emby in Docker with no issues, but I think yours maybe related to ffmpeg

Here's the extract from your server at the reference to ffmpeg:

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is output from my server log re ffmpeg

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is output of ffmpeg -version

As you can see it's the same as what is being generated in your server log, apologies for the three posts but it wouldn't allow me to do it in one.

You mention ldd on the Emby forum mine is identical to yours.

• This is what I get when I check for ffmpeg version

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# ffmpeg --version                                                                                                                      
    -bash: ffmpeg: command not found                                                                                                                             
    root@openmediavault:~#

Did you do anything specific for ffmpeg? Does Emby itself try to install and configure ffmpeg?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you do anything specific for ffmpeg? Does Emby itself try to install and configure ffmpeg?

As far as I can remember no, previously you had to install ffmpeg and then point Emby to where it was installed, now I think it's installed by Emby, but saying that I get updates for ffmpeg via omv's gui.

I previously installed Emby from cli and it worked, but having read about Docker I decided to give that a try, I started a thread here but I had followed a youtube video to install mine, I also didn't add the Volumes and Bind mounts to my media files within the container, I set those up within Emby.

Further investigation I looked at the Emby Docker Log it's the same ffmpeg output as your Emby server log.

My config for Emby Docker I created under /var/lib/ as per the video I followed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!