Any fail on last image of raspberry pi3 OMV? No install

• First and foremost IPv6 is way under developed in most software app's, on nearly any OS.Setting that aside, your post what could only be described as an extended rant, complaining about free software and you expect to get support? Seriously?

As a suggestion, since it's so flawed (in your mind), don't use OMV. Maybe you should stick with the buffallo chip link station since it seems to work for you.

I'm not ranting about the software, I'm ranting about stupid answers by people that care more about the post counter than about giving a solution.
    Example: you tell me that ipv6 ix experimental. Are you joking? did you ever read my initial post? I told that because I HAD NO IPV6 (NO IPV6, can you read that?) I had to fix nginx IPV6 that have it enabled by default. it has it enabled by default and you suggest that it's experimental (obviously meaning I shouldn't use it). Does it help original poster?

I'm developper of many opensource projects, and I consider myself as far from being noob, but when I google for problem, this is the 1st project where 95% of answers are irrelevant to problem.

• For those who want an answer to initial post by navigating to last post:
    nginx doesn't start due to unsupported address family:
    - type ifconfig
    if you don't see inet6 lines for your main interface, this means that ipv6 is not configured/initialised/supported on your system.

Possible causes:
    - update (including kernel) is not finished and the original kernel doesn't support ipv6
    Try to wait update process to finish and reboot
    - you still cant have ipv6 (and don't need it) on your system
    Remove ipv6 in nginx config files (/etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui)
    => comment listen line and replace it with listen 80;
    restart nginx with ystemctl restart nginx
    finish debian reconfigure with: apt reconfigure nginx-full

• I had to fix nginx IPV6 that have it enabled by default

That's your assumption since you failed to read something called readme.txt and you obviously lack patience. Nginx will not work directly after you power on a RPi since the installation will be finished on first boot. Once the RPi went through an automated reboot everything will be fine.

You might follow with a rant why this behavior (finishing stuff on first boot and rebooting) is moronic or whatever but you could also ask for the reasons why it's the way it is (and obviously works for the majority of users of these images). Up to you.

But all the stuff you try to fix is a non issue once following the good old RTFM advise and adding some patience to the process on your side :)

• Possible causes:
    - update (including kernel) is not finished and the original kernel doesn't support ipv6

Nope, it's just that /usr/sbin/omv-initsystem will be called after everything has been updated to latest version on first boot, stuff like TZ has been configured and then the final step bringing up OMV will be finished. As the readme.txt points out:

Code
    On first boot the installation will be finished. REMAIN PATIENT PLEASE since
    this can take up to 20 minutes with a slow SD card and slow internet
    connection (needs internet access to update all packages to latest version).
    After one automatic reboot SD card activity led stops blinking and then your
    Raspberry Pi is ready!
    • Offizieller Beitrag

And at last, the bonus: posting to this forum gave me this from Firefox

Read problem #4 https://forum.openmediavault.o…tions-to-common-problems/

comment listen line and replace it with listen 80;

OMV completely re-writes config files by design. So, that change will be overwritten when you make any change the web interface that has to do with nginx (quite a few things do). ipv6 is working fine on my pi because it was fully updated. The image fully updates on first boot and will get the newer OMV package that fixes the ipv6 issue (which does not make the image alpha....)

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you joking? did you ever read my initial post?

Actually, no I didn't read the whole "rant" because it wasn't necessary. Statistical probability alone tells me there's something wrong on your end. Otherwise how could tens of thousands - way more than 50% noobs - get it right? Can you explain that? (BTW: That's a rhetorical question. There's no need to answer, because the answer should be obvious.)

Along similar lines, do you think you're the first to post; "OMG, this is full of bugs!" ? And yet the chance of an actual bug discovery is slim to none.

Example: you tell me that ipv6 ix experimental. Are you joking?

I said nothing like that. IPv6 has been around a l-o-n-g time, even going back to when I worked with networks, and that's going back. What I said is, quote; "IPv6 is way under developed in most software app's" which, despite it's age, is true. There's a huge difference between what I said, and what you assert.

but when I google for problem, this is the 1st project where 95% of answers are irrelevant to problem.

Then your bottom line solutions are very simple:
    Find a project where answers are more relevant (in your mind), don't use OMV (get a refund), or stick with your Buffalo link station. Simple.

BTW: Buying a consumer NAS like Buffalo link station (proprietary - high cost - limited capability) and trying to setup an R-PI as a NAS replacement, are strong indicators that you're not an opensource developer. (If you are, drop us a link to your work on github. :) )
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________

For users who may be reading it, at this point, this thread has become nothing more than nonsensical "drama". Rather than contribute more to the same, I think I'm done here.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!