RAID Mirror pair state - clean and false

• I had rebooted my OMV, and was surprised to find my RAID devices gone. Fortunately using this command *seemed* like it restored the /dev/md4 target

Code
    mdadm --assemble  --verbose /dev/md4

But now I see a /dev/md4 showing in a clean state, and a /dev/md4p1 in a false state (see attachment). How do I clean this up? I can't tell if the Mirror is actually healthy or not. The 'mdadm --query --detail' and '/proc/mdstat' seems to report that it is.

I had another RAID device that was similar, and thought that since the one looked right, I could delete the /dev/md#p1 - not so! Doing that made both disappear

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just a note, you can cut&paste from putty.

Your output of cat /proc/mdstat doesn't show any problems. What is the query detail of md2?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I used a print screen to show the OMV RAID Management screen, along with the putty output.

Correct, the 'cat /proc/mdstat' doesn't show any problems, but what's up with the /dev/md4p1 showing under RAID management? /dev/md4 is an iSCSI block target for a Windows client. I do see that /dev/md4p1 appears under File Systems as an ntfs volume (created by the Windows client), but I didn't expect to see it in either RAID Management or File Systems. Is that normal?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is that normal?

It looks like a bug in the raid management display code where it is finding the partition created by Windows.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I'm seeing the same thing for another iSCSI target to a Linux client, correctly showing it as an ext4 partition.

These appeared after having rebooted, and having done an "mdadm --assemble --scan".

So, this bug is just a presentation issue, and not indicating a problem then? As long as the /dev/md4 shows clean, my mirror is "healthy"?

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, this bug is just a presentation issue, and not indicating a problem then? As long as the /dev/md4 shows clean, my mirror is "healthy"?

I think it is just presentation based on your other output.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!