[Odroid HC2] [Armbian] Stretch upgrade, OMV error

• Today I wanted to upgrade from jessie to stretch, I'm following this website.
    After changing the word jessie to stretch in /etc/apt/sources.list and in every file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* I noticed that changing the omv-extras-org.list from:

causes apt-get update to throw errors. So I decided to leave jessie in there for now.
    Ok now apt-get update precedes until the line:

Code
    Get:23 http://httpredir.debian.org stretch/non-free armhf Packages [71,2 kB]
    Fetched 10,7 MB in 8s (1.310 kB/s)

and leaves me with a plain cursor.
    Now if I hit Ctrl+C I get the following output on screen:

Code
    root@hc2:~# Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx", line 113, in <module>
        "uri": pkg.candidate.uri,
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/package.py", line 567, in uri
        return next(iter(self._uris()))
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/package.py", line 550, in _uris
        yield indexfile.archive_uri(self._records.filename)
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/package.py", line 309, in _records
        if self.package._pcache._records.lookup(self._cand.file_list[0]):
    KeyboardInterrupt

I see some python and omv error :(

Can anyone help? I hoped for a painless upgrade and the first problems are appearing even before the "main course" :D

Edit: Ok, I read some stuff but wanted to make sure: To upgrade from debian jessie to stretch, do I also have to upgrade from omv 3.0.99 to omv 4?
    If yes, is omv-release-upgrade the right way to do so? If I have to update, will I loose any of @tkaiser 's great tweaks that came with install via armbian config?

Dear god plz let @tkaiser answer this post :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

Today I wanted to upgrade from jessie to stretch, I'm following this website

This is your first problem. Debian and OMV need to be updated at the same time.

Can anyone help? I hoped for a painless upgrade and the first problems are appearing even before the "main course"

I hope you have a backup.

do I also have to upgrade from omv 3.0.99 to omv 4?

Yep.

will I loose any of @tkaiser 's great tweaks that came with install via armbian config?

No.

If yes, is omv-release-upgrade the right way to do so?

Yep.

Now you have a system in a weird state. Assuming you have no backup, change all occurrences of erasmus to arrakis in the files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/. Then apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade. It might work but it is hard to say what state your system is in. Might be easier to just write a new HC2 image to your sd card.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I just did ap-get update no upgrade or dist-upgrad so far.
    Ok, after changing to arrakis, apt-get update still stops and can't finish :/
    I'm a bit scared to do apt-get upgrade now...

How is the right way to update debian with omv?
    First do omv-release-upgrade? And later change sources?

• Offizieller Beitrag

How is the right way to update debian with omv?
    First do omv-release-upgrade? And later change sources?

If you do omv-release-upgrade the sources will be updated automatically as part of the upgrade.
    This is for the case you have a backup and you can start over from that point before any upgrade attempt.

• If you do omv-release-upgrade the sources will be updated automatically as part of the upgrade.This is for the case you have a backup and you can start over from that point before any upgrade attempt.

:/|| I do have an up to date backup via rsnapshot, but now I tried to restore it and it doesn't work ||
    I checked the log, the initial backup went through without any errors.

Now I tried to restore the backup to a spare sd card using this command:

Code
    rsync -aAXvP --stats --numeric-ids --log-file=/home/fabi/Downloads/rsynclog.txt root@hc2.home:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD60EFRX-68MYMN1_WD-WX21DC42EXYZ-part2/backups/hc2/daily.1/localhost/ /media/fabi/1ec000f3-2252-4dda-beda-e5b3a21894a6/

This also finishes without any errors, however inserting the sd card into odroid hc2 I just get a red light. :huh:

I never had to restore a backup before, don't know what's wrong.

• Which backup plugin? I used rsnapshot to have daily rsync backups.... which don't seem to work :(
    I once restored a backup the same way on another system and it worked.. Idk what I did wrong.

PS: I'm still scared to do apt-get upgrade && dist-upgrade. Should I try it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

As ryecoaaron wrote:

Assuming you have no backup, change all occurrences of erasmus to arrakis in the files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/. Then apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade. It might work but it is hard to say what state your system is in.

Seems you best option at the moment.

If it does not work, you can still start from scratch.

• As ryecoaaron wrote:

Seems you best option at the moment.
    If it does not work, you can still start from scratch.

Finally I was able to restore my update and do the upgrade with omv-release-upgrade.
    Seems everything worked, systemctl --failed shows no failed units.

Only when I do apt-get update I get couple of these warnings:

Code
    W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1

I remember adding the backports in sources.list some time ago.
    Should I keep the line in openmediavault-kernel-backports.list and delete it in sources.list?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!