How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?

• I have been using Clonezilla for Backups quite frequently (following this guide), whenever there was a bigger change to the system.
    Yesterday I installed a bunch of updates with the result that after a reboot (which I did for another reason) nginx won't start and thus I can't access the GUI. I can access the server via SSH though.
    So I was wondering how to set GRUB to boot to Clonezilla once, just as I do using the GUI usually (see pic1 in the above linked thread). I'd like to use my last backup obviously before trying to fix the errors (which is possibly a lot more time consuming).

I've been googling a little already but seem to find only references to permanently boot to Clonezilla (and not OMV specific)

My OMV should be 3.0.99 afaik if that matters at all.

Thanks for any help in advance!

---
    edit
    On a side note: I just realized, OMV 4 has been released as a stable a couple of months ago. Awesome! I'll see when I find time to set that up... (after I have successfully repaired my 3.x)

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you install clonezilla from the kernel tab of omv-extras, you can set it to boot once.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the reply. :)

Anyhow, I am very much aware of that option as I used that to create the Clonezilla Backups. But as stated, I do not have access to the GUI of OMV anymore, nginx won't start. Thus I am unable to use that setting - this is why I'm asking specifically how to boot to Clonezilla via shell, that's the only access I have to the system anymore.

• Could you please post the result of "systemctl status" of the nginx service?

• Offizieller Beitrag

how to boot to Clonezilla via shell

omv-grubiso rebootcz

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Could you please post the result of "systemctl status" of the nginx service?

Sure, here it is:

Looks to me as if there was a certificate problem - in addition to updating OMV I used the Let's Encrypt plugin to renew the certificate. Maybe that is was ultimately failed or led to the problem?!

omv-grubiso rebootcz

Thank ryecoaaron, that sounds like the exact syntax I needed - but unfortunately, omv-grubiso does not sem to exist on my OMV installation. ;(

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-grubiso does not sem to exist on my OMV installation

I didn't notice you were using OMV 3.x. omv-mkconf omvextras rebootcz

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!