Probem with rsync between OMV and QNAP and vice versa

• I have been trying to get rsync to work on my end (OMW) and my families end (QNAP) without any success (different locations).
    Out networks are joined through a VPN tunnel. OMW can reach the QNAP shares and vice versa.

However, when trying to setup rsync to backup some of my data to QNAP and some of my families data to OMW, we are stuck.

When I run the job on OMW I get the following errors back:
    Please wait, syncing </srv/dev-disk-by-label-Red/Backup/> to <rsync://username@qnap-remote:873/RM_Backup_Omw> ...

@ERROR: auth failed on module RM_Backup_Omw
    rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1666) [sender=3.1.2]

And when I try testing the connection from QNAP it fails with a generic error of checking password, port etc (which we have checked are correct on both ends).
    If I SSH into the QNAP and try a similar command:
    rsync [options] '/share/MD1_DATA/Backup/' 'rsync://username@omv-remote:873/RM_Backup_Qnap'

I just get Segmentation fault error.

What I'm I doing wrong?

• Offizieller Beitrag

My understanding of this is that you have to use the remote mount plugin, so you would mount the qnap share on omv using that plugin. I tested this option on my local network using a Pi, but I have no idea how you would set this up using a vpn.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!