Internet doesn't work if I turn on the nas

• If i turn on my nas then I have no internet on my other devices for a short time then it's working for 1-2 minutes and then it's gone again.By the way sorry for my bad english ,but I am from EU/ Germany

System:Pentium J4205
    2gb ram

• Dear Wast,

I tried also DHCP and Static ...same issue.
    I have a RT-N16 router and the Pc and NAS connected trough LAN(all ports forwarded and working fine, also remote login using DNS)

When i power the OMV i have internet on my Pc for max 1-2 minutes then drops, then comes back in a couple of minutes...and drops again.

I took also a speedtest and without NAS i get arround 920-960 mbps and with the OMV drops to 0.5 - 2 mbps and then to 0 until i stop/reboot the OMV .

I use OMV in my Intel NUC5Cpyh, default plugins + Transmission + DLNA.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When i power the OMV i have internet on my Pc for max 1-2 minutes then drops, then comes back in a couple of minutes...and drops again.

If I didn't know any better I would say it's the ports on the router, I use one port on the router and run patch lead to a powered switch then plug everything I need in to the switch.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• If you run Windows on your PC why not looking into Event Viewer? Same with OMV and there dmesg output or /var/log/syslog. Operating systems from this century all log what's happening so the times of wild guesses and trial&error instead of structured troubleshooting should've been over...

As for the symptoms: could be broadcast storms, ARP mismatches or a bunch of other problems bringing a LAN down.

• Is very strange...because when i make a fresh install i get the system working for many hours without problems, then suddenly without any extra modifications it crashes..
    the ports are fine ( i tested all 4 ports ).
    I will try to buy an extra switch...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!