Latest OMV 4.x update failed on raspberry pi 3b+

• Hi,

I tried updating the latest updates through "Update Management" and got an error same as below except it did not say some of the packages are already the newest version. Then upgraded via command line. Did not have any issues here, until I refreshed 'Update Management'. All the updates were still listed, the ones installed via command line showed as 0 bytes. Then I tried upgrading again and go the below error. Then I tried upgrading the ones the error message says that needs to be installed and that removed OMV :( . Luckily had a backup. So no issues there :) .

My question is, did I do the updates wrong? can't I simply upgrade via "Update Management" or via the command line using sudo apt-get update and then apt-get upgrade?

• Hey Mr.Grape

Thank you for the response.

That's what I got for the last step. The line im concerned about is

The following packages will be REMOVED:

avahi-daemon bind9-host dnsutils libdns1100 libnss-mdns omvextras-common openmediavault openmediavault-docker-gui openmediavault-flashmemory openmediavault-netatalk openmediavault-omvextrasorg

Is it safe to proceed? Im worried it will remove OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it safe to proceed? Im worried it will remove OMV

NO. It says it is going to remove OMV.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

First off, just in case clear your browser cache, I've had enough of my own issues only to realise it's the browser cache!!

login via ssh and type apt list --upgradable (you don't need to use sudo as you login as root, and apt no longer requires -get)

login into omv gui, under update management that list should match the one you typed in the cli

• Offizieller Beitrag

apt no longer requires -get

apt and apt-get are not the same thing.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

now I'm confused because I stopped using apt-get some time ago after reading this perhaps I should have worded it better

You can continue to use either. I was just pointing out that they aren't the same thing. I don't like apt. It reminds me of yum and is slow. I don't need fancy progress bars and such. OMV's code always uses apt-get.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ah!! I'm just a lazy 'so n so' when it comes to typing :) Ok...why does apt list --upgradable return a list but apt-get list --upgradable returns an error, because I really don't know....is this different behaviour between apt and apt-get commands?

• Thanks for the responses all.

This is what I see in the list.

However on Update Management I see these plus a whole lot of other packages also I still do have the original issue as well, which is not being able to upgrade via Update Management

• Offizieller Beitrag

why does apt list --upgradable return a list but apt-get list --upgradable returns an error, because I really don't know....is this different behaviour between apt and apt-get commands?

apt-get list --upgradable isn't something that exists as far as I know. I would use apt-get -s upgrade

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for the responses all.

This is what I see in the list.

However on Update Management I see these plus a whole lot of other packages also I still do have the original issue as well, which is not being able to upgrade via Update Management

Did you clear your browser cache before logging into the GUI?

You could also try omv-firstaid from the cli...I've not used this :) but I would try option 9 first, if that doesn't change anything then try 10.

The apt list --upgradable should be identical to the Update Manager....if none of the above works, I would think something is corrupted, and you may have to reinstall.

BTW have you checked the SD Card by running H2testw

• Hi All,

I had to re-install everything as the updates I got after this kept appearing as well while some of them actually never get upgraded. Then one day the rpi just stopped booting.

I downloaded the latest OMV image and used it to set it all up again. Now everything seems fine :)

Thank yo all.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!