How to disable IPv6 Privacy Extensions

• Hey you guys,

I have a stupid ISP and an even more stupid router (or better cable modem) that doesn't allow me to "port forward" (actually it is just not filtering) dynamically or with autodetection of the IP if something changes (prefix or suffix or whatever).
    Now, as I understand it, the only reason for the prefix to change is my ISP being bored which actually happens very rarely and could be handled. The reason that the suffix changes at all is apparently "IPv6 privacy extensions", because without these the suffix would be built from the MAC and stay the same.

Now this more or less "static" IPv6 address would solve my "port forwarding" problem with my stupid stupid modem... only that I cannot for the love of God deactivate it in OMV...
    I tried changing /etc/sysctl.d/99-openmediavault.conf with two lines having tempaddr = 2, changing it to equal 0 obviously and then basically restarting every electronic device in a radius of 500 km (311 mi) to no avail.

Any tips or tricks or ideas that might help me?

Greetings and thanks in advance,
    BUFU

• In case anyone in the future (and maybe even today) is interested in the solution:

In /etc/network/interfaces, for all interfaces in their respective pre-up sections, comment out or remove the lines

Code
    privext 2
    [...]
    pre-up echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/$IFACE/disable_ipv6

in addition to commenting out or removing the sysctl values posted above.

Keep in mind that, at least in the interfaces file, they will be set again for all interfaces when you save the network config in the web GUI. I need to invest a bit more time to find the source for that, but shouldn't be too difficult.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!