Raspberry Pi 2b, installation fails

• I have downloaded the Raspberry pi image from sourceforge 3 times and successfully used it to install OMV 4 on my Pi 3B+ following the instructions. It's working great!

I also need to install it on a Pi 2b. I have tried multiple SD cards, burning the image from multiple downloads, always using etcher with full verification. Regardless, I always get "Kernel Panic: Attempting to kill init!"

(see attached screenshot)

Nothing happens after that, no matter how long I leave it connected to the internet. Keyboards are non-responsive. (I've tried multiple PI 2Bs as well as multiple keyboards).

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any thoughts or guidance would be welcome!

Thanks

• I have downloaded the Raspberry pi image from sourceforge 3 times and successfully used it to install OMV 4 on my Pi 3B+ following the instructions. It's working great!

I also need to install it on a Pi 2b. I have tried multiple SD cards, burning the image from multiple downloads, always using etcher with full verification. Regardless, I always get "Kernel Panic: Attempting to kill init!"

(Attachment seems to cause the post to fail, so here is a link)

Nothing happens after that, no matter how long I leave it connected to the internet. Keyboards are non-responsive. (I've tried multiple PI 2Bs as well as multiple keyboards).

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any thoughts or guidance would be welcome!

Thanks

• Fascinating. Thanks for that. I've always assumed I had the 2b (I distinctly remember buying the 2b?), but I opened the case and sure enough -- just a straight up raspberry Pi. Imagine my surprise.

Interestingly, they work really well with OMV3. I was hoping to upgrade, since my install seems to be fubar. Maybe I'll be able to find an image of OMV3 somewhere.

thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!