How to get rid of login to NAS storage in Windows?

• I followed the instructions from the guide how to install OMV https://tinyurl.com/y9fzk48y but when I want to access to the OMV drives through Windows 10 I always get a login window. Even when in SMB/CIFS my shares are set to "guests allowed". Any one know how to fix this issue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you want wide open access to OMV shares, Shared Folder permissions must match the Samba share. "Guests Allowed" in SMB/CIF must be matched to the underlying Shared Folder permissions of "Others - Read/Write". (Do this in Access Management, Shared Folders.)

Have you tried using another Windows client (Win7 or 8?) to access OMV shares?

While it might seem like it's OMV and access control - this might be a Windows 10 network issue. If the above doesn't work, given this a try -> Guide

• Well I reinstalled omv 15 days ago and it was fine, till I changed the name omv host name from openmediavault to nas. After this small change I've got login window again. I checked all shared folder ACL permissions even reset them with resetperms plugin all shares in smb/cifs are set to allow guests. I don't know where is the problem and why changing the host name did it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

After changing OMV's hostname? (Maybe you should change it back. :) )

This might be something related to your router and/or DHCP. Does your server have a static address or is it set for DHCP?

Can you get into the share, after typing your username and password into the dialog box? (What happens? Access Denied?)

In windows explorer, have you tried to access a share in by typing in the IP address of OMV and the share name?

Something like:
    \\192.168.1.15\music

(Tomorrow I'm out of town until the coming weekend.)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!