Map share on Open Media Vault in Windows

• I have windows users and I would like them to be able to map to a share on OMV and be able to use their domain login to gain access. How can I do this? I did not set up OMV and have never worked with it before.

Mike

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is a lot of missing info there. It shouldn't be any different mapping share using OMV vs Windows Server provided the OMV server is setup correctly.

1 - Is the OMV authenticating against a domain server? If not, are users created on OMV?
    2 - Do samba (smb/cifs) shares exist?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I did not set this up and have never used OVM so not sure...

How do I set OVM up to authenticate to a domain server?
    Yes there are users created on OVM, but how do I map a drive using them?
    Yes shares exist.

Is there documentation to set all this up?

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "burleyman"

How do I set OVM up to authenticate to a domain server?

That is not something that is supported by OMV but there are topics about it here on the forum. Just wanted to know if it was setup that way. It probably isn't.

Zitat von "burleyman"

Yes there are users created on OVM, but how do I map a drive using them?

Do you know how to map a drive to a Windows Server? OMV is the same procedure. If you know how, then ignore the next steps. On Windows 7, you go into the start menu and click on Computer. There is a Map Network Drive button. The folder will be \\omv_box_name\share_name. You can fill in credentials with users that are on the OMV box.

Have you logged into the OMV web interface? It is easy enough that it can answer a lot of questions.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Thanks for your help.....I do know how to map a drive.

OVM servername is FTP-Server
    User is FTPUser1
    Share is Movie-Files

I am on a windows 7 box logged in to the domain called sen.org with a user of frankw

when I try and map \\FTP-Server\Movie-Files a popup comes up. I try and login as another user and try just typing FTPUser1 and the password but it thinks it is part of the sen.org doamin and that user is not a user on the domain. when I try and login as another user and type FTP-Server\FTPUser1 and then the password it still does not work.... what am I doing wrong?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm guessing the user does not have permission for the share. You will need to look under Shares in the OMV web interface to see if the user has permissions.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!