Updating to 4.x - questions

• Hi,

I am planning to upgrade from OMV 3.0.99 to OMV 4.x this weekend.
    My HP-OMV is running some omv-extras plug-ins. First I de-installed the OMV-extras-plugin. All those plug-ins are available at version 4.x.
    But, i realized, plex media server is still available at 3.x highest version - does this mean I have to de-install this plug-in ?

I also backupped my system using the plug-in (usb-)backup. Hope, this is sufficient.

Next, I would execute an omv-release-upgrade...

• You did not need to uninstall the omv-extras plugin. It would have been properly upgraded. The current 3.x version of the plex plugin is the latest available and is currently being used on OMV 4.x. There is no need to remove this plugin before upgrading.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Ok, I re-installed OMV-extras.
    Afterwards I executed omv-release-upgrade (and left the room).
    At the end the system told me: "Updated successfully".

Today I logged into the web interface to update to the newest packages. While updating the system was showing some errors, but I can´t find those errors in the syslog. Looks like all updated successfully, because the system does not find new updates.

I tried to change some settings like notifications using the web interface, but after pressing "save" the system saves it from 0 % to 100% endlessly.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!