LDAP directory services how to setup

• Openmediavault LDAP authenticating user shares

I have installed the LDAP plugin and think this part is working as I am no longer seeing authentication errors in the system log file.

What I dont understand is where I am meant to see my users which are setup within my Active Directory.

When I logon onto my Openmediavault and go to directory services all the sections are filled in

I all ready have shares setup but couldnt find where or how to add my LDAP / AD users

Could someone familar with this setup maybe post a screen shot as I am sure I am missing something?

Thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do the users show up? Here is how I have done it. My AD provides most of the info threw dhcp. You will have to provide some if yours does not.

Some useful command line
    getent passwd shows user list
    getent group shows group list
    wbinfo -u shows group list
    wbinfo -g shows group list
    net ads testjoin tests join to domain

Don

• I think half my issue is I dont know exactly where the users are meant to appear. I have installed the plugin enabled it entered all the LDAP bits I think are correct in the Directory Service section which appears once the plugin is installed
    All the updates have been installed for LDAP and Kerbros
    I have checked the OMV system logs and am not getting any authentication errors like previously.
    From this part on where do I go to see where the users are being pulled from
    Are you able to send me a few scrren shots from that I am sure I could work out the rest
    The commands you posted are they run from logging onto OMV as root then executing them from there
    I really appreciate you taking the time out to answer my query

• Offizieller Beitrag

The commands above are run at the command line as root. Sorry I forgot the link. http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=707 You need to do that stuff at least. The plugin is not really able to do active directory without a lot of help.

The users will show under users and in share dialogs. Groups show too.
    In case you are wondering that is .5 after an upgrade.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!