Cannot access web gui on new OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img install

• Offizieller Beitrag

My wireless usb logitech is not detected and tru puty PW not good

You will have to get a different usb keyboard unless you have a different linux system that you can mount the sd card and edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config to permit root login.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You will have to get a different usb keyboard unless you have a different linux system that you can mount the sd card and edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config to permit root login.

Witch one can you recommend?

Anyway to get back to the Issue NO GUI I did format SD card formatter I use H2testw to make sure is legit used etcher to read the zip download also the zip many time
    No difference something is not right in the booting process I wish somebody could look at it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Witch one can you recommend?

Which ever one you feel comfortable with.

Anyway to get back to the Issue NO GUI I did format SD card formatter I use H2testw to make sure is legit used etcher to read the zip download also the zip many time
    No difference something is not right in the booting process I wish somebody could look at it.

I am still trying to get to the issue. If you guys can't login to view logs and/or run omv-firstaid, then I can't help. So, I am looking at it. I can't reproduce this on my RPis. I need to know if omv-firstaid fixes it and what is in the nginx logs.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

unless you have a different linux system that you can mount the sd card and edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config to permit root login.

How about the idea from Aaron to use a linux system to edit the file? Could be also a live distro like Linux Mint or soemthing else.

In other threads it has been reported that issues might have been caused by Etcher. In one case the reported solution was to use an earlier version of Etcher. In another it was reported that problems were solved after using Win32DiskImager.
    No idea if Etcher was the root cause, but might be worth a try.

• Which ever one you feel comfortable with.
    I am still trying to get to the issue. If you guys can't login to view logs and/or run omv-firstaid, then I can't help. So, I am looking at it. I can't reproduce this on my RPis. I need to know if omv-firstaid fixes it and what is in the nginx logs.

Some progress I went to the local Walmart got a $10.00 keyboard Although on the net I found some file to modify my wireless keyboard for Linux but for $10.00 not worthy to waste my time!
    Anyway with the new keyboard
    I was able to login as root changed the PW
    went to OMV-first-aid did the 2 options about web control panel #2 & #10
    I did try tail /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log
    got nothing neither with
    sudo useradd -G sudo,ssh -s /bin/bash test555
    sudo passwd test555
    But since OMV-FIRSAID finally gave me acces to the gui I put root SSH on
    went to WIN-SCP to /VAR/LOG/NGINX got all the logs but openmediavaullt-webgui_error log was empty but got all the other one let me know if I can help with something else.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If omv-firstaid fixes it then somehow OMV's nginx and/or php-fpm config is missing/incorrect. This should be fixed automatically if the system updates properly which leads me back to thinking this is a network/dns issue. Nothing in the image can fix this other than skipping the updates (which I think is a bad idea).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!