OpenVPN - can't log in

• Hi,i had so much trouble with OMV 4.19 openvpn plugin, always shows waiting for server, no matter what i do, ie edit server conf, it just wouldn't work even my firewall and router are already properly setup.
    I followed your guide and copy and paste the command lines one by one...

I changed DNS-SERVER.COM-OR-IP in ovpn file to my domain... my android client shows waiting for server again... i really have no idea why....

I can no longer fine the server.conf file in etc/openvpn.... wanted to add push "route $vpn_network $vpn_mask" and see what happens....

any advise will be greatly appreciated. thx!

• I stopped openvpn in docker and re-installed openvpn plugin in OMV again because of the missing server.conf...
    mysteriously it works right after I enable the plugin.... i didn't do anything special this time...

my VPN connection cannot get access to internet, though.... when I enabled redirect gateway...line... it doesn't work anymore...

anyway I will keep it this way for time being... a bit tired of it.... i won't update the system again until OMV stable releases and I will do a fresh installation...

• Hello,
    Could you please tell me if this also works with raspberry pi?

Since the openVPN plugin won't work for me anymore after an omv update, I switched to docker and transmission-openVPN from the image "ledokun/armhr-docker-transmission-openvpn" and followed the instructions form techno dad life video "How to Install Transmission with VPN on Openmediavault with Docker". The problem is that I don't know how to configure openVPN in that docker container... for the moment it does not work for me.

I only use VPN to access my network from outside... so I have no custom VPN provider and since the plugin is dead I want to switch to docker.

Probably not because it is for linux/amd64.

Does anybody knows the openVPN doker for arm?

• I followed this process, opened a port on my router/modem and get nothing trying to get to the VPN GUI. OMV says its running (green dot). Able to download that user created certificate. Does this mean my traffic is protected or I still need to upload my own *.ovpn (which I have a provider)? Any assistance for would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!