Nextcloud directory and SMB permissions

• Just wondering if someone might be able to help out. I have my OMV server working exactly as I want it however there are some niggling issues. I have smb shares setup on my network for a few things and they are working fine however I shared the /sharedfolders/Nextcloud folder in hope of just dragging files in there from another workstation to show up in the webinterface. Problem being is the owner/group is 911 (must have got created by docker during install?) And because of this I can't access just that share. I could manually chown the whole directory but I worry it will trash my nextcloud install. Ideas? Help ? :cursing:

OMV version 4.1.11

• Hi there,
    just to second.
    It is an open question for me, too.

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• I did a litte experimenting. 911 is the user which is selected by the docker if you dont specify the PUID and PGID when creating the docker.
    Also if you just chown the folder Nextcloud stops working.

• Hi Morlan,
    thanks for the reply. So, at the moment no quick solution in sight?

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• I wanted to investigate this issue further this evening. I will try on my test VM to change the puid and pgid of the existing container and then afterwards chown the nc-folder accordingly. I'll report back...

• Works! Added the PUID and PGID (and also the TZ) in the docker tab. Then chown -R Dockeruser:users /Nextclouddatafolder. My AppData folder was already owned by the right User.

If you were here right now, I'd KISS YOU!

I've been tearing my hair out, and have removed and replaced letsencrypt and nextcloud at least 3 times.

I was most recently trying to figure out how to add myself to the "911" group. Did exactly the same thing you just did, and everything works 4.0. Thanks!

Is this old airplane safe to fly? How in the world do you think it got to be this old?

• If you were here right now, I'd KISS YOU!
    I've been tearing my hair out, and have removed and replaced letsencrypt and nextcloud at least 3 times.

I was most recently trying to figure out how to add myself to the "911" group. Did exactly the same thing you just did, and everything works 4.0. Thanks!

I don't see the Dockeruser anywhere.
    I see 'Docker' user, is this what you meant ?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!