youtube-dl command Line

• Hi

Does anyone know if the downloader plugin is able to be used via the command line via ssh?

I am wanting to use youtube-dl to download audiobooks from Youtube but I want to be able to do this from the command line from my phone and not have to log into the web GUI for OMV.

I have used youtube-dl on Ubuntu servers before and can do what I am trying to do but is this possible to on OMV?
    I am able to spin up a VM in OMV and install youtube-dl that way but its way overkill.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does anyone know if the downloader plugin is able to be used via the command line via ssh?

Technically, yes but not easy. It just uses youtube-dl, aria2, or curl. It would be easier to use those utilities if you are using the command line.

I have used youtube-dl on Ubuntu servers before and can do what I am trying to do but is this possible to on OMV?

You are overthinking this too much. The plugin is just a web interface for the utility you select. If you want to use youtube-dl from the command line, it is there because the plugin downloads it.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!