Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_users ?

• I will have to add a checkbox (and maybe a number of hours between syncs box) or something to enable a scheduled sync. Even if the write amplication is low, I still don't want it running on my systems that have a UPS

Agreed. I would make the default an 4 hour interval and setting to 0 disables it. No idea whether current installation should be 'upgraded' wrt this default or users need to know about to enable this feature after a future update...

Wrt amount of data to be written: when we started with this approach in Armbian we had the same concerns and came up with rsync, keeping old logs on storage and trying to reduce writes as much as possible. Still not to our satisfaction since currently there's an issue with logrotate. But too exhausted currently to look into... I'll drop you a note once we improved the situation.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Agreed. I would make the default an 4 hour interval and setting to 0 disables it. No idea whether current installation should be 'upgraded' wrt this default or users need to know about to enable this feature after a future update...

Wrt amount of data to be written: when we started with this approach in Armbian we had the same concerns and came up with rsync, keeping old logs on storage and trying to reduce writes as much as possible. Still not to our satisfaction since currently there's an issue with logrotate. But too exhausted currently to look into... I'll drop you a note once we improved the situation.

I like that better than a checkbox and number box. On upgraded systems, the plugin runs omv-mkconf flashmemory on every install. So, it would create the sync cronjob (assuming the default number of hours is greater than 0). The rsync point is a good point. It would only be writing changed blocks and folder2ram is using rsync. I will have to look at a few things.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I will have to look at a few things

We found logrotate to be challenging in particular. As an inspiration: https://github.com/armbian/bui…sp/common/usr/lib/armbian

BTW: both mechanisms combined look somewhat weird:

• Tkaiser Can you tell me which file to add / sbin /?

Look at your first post in this thread. You need to edit the file in /etc/cron.daily/ and add /sbin/ directly in front of pam_tally2. If that's too much then please simply disable the notification. Why are you so keen on getting totally useless mails all the time? Which insights do you get from these mails? None!

• If the server goes down or the web interface is down or there are other errors, I also get notified of them or there are problems with a mount point or something else

You're using an ODROID-XU4 with more than one external USB3 disk. Please check my signature. Instead of fighting the symptoms I would better solve your problem. None of my OMV boxes shows any weird behavior since I kick unreliable hardware out of the window. Way too much time wasted with problems no one needs...

These is a ton of reasons why exactly ODROID-XU4 doesn't work reliably.

• After I've done as you said, I get:

/etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-check_locked_users:
    / sbin / pam_tally2: No such file or directory

I do not understand when

which pam_tally2

provides

/ Sbin / pam_tally2

But I can end up disabling notifications until I switch system to 2 X Hc2 and fresh installation :)

• I've setup 3 Odroid HC2 boxes now and cron always send me that error.

pam_tally2 --reset alleviates it for a while, but it always comes back.

I'd say this would be the case for anyone running OMV4 on Odroid HC1/HC2/XU4 if they have email notifications setup

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!