Can't mount external hdd

• Hello, i am a noob at all this so just a heads up

Just got a RPi 3b+ to create a nas and am using an 2tb external hard drive i just got with a powered usb hub. I quick wiped the disk and then went into filesystems and created an ext4 file system which appeared to be fine but i got this error when i tried to mount it (picture attached)

Also, my windows 10 pc also won't recognize it if i plug it in directly now either, it will show up under devices and properties say its a HDD in fine condition but i cant access it under my computer where a USB would normally show up

I don't really know what this means or how to fix it and any help would be great.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I quick wiped the disk and then went into filesystems and created an ext4 file system

The error message is about a missing NTFS signature. Probably you have formatted the drive on windows before and wiping the drive did not remove the signature completely.

Try to do the secure wipe instead of the quick wipe.

If you feel comfortable with the CLI you can also use wipefs.

Also, my windows 10 pc also won't recognize it if i plug it in directly now either, it will show up under devices and properties say its a HDD in fine condition but i cant access it under my computer where a USB would normally show up

Do not expect to be able to access the drive from Windows if you are using ext4. Does not work. At least not out of the box.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!