Adding a Network Card

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved
    • Adding a Network Card

good evening, I wanted to add a physical network card on my config but when I declare the new network card in the interface and I want to save the configuration it is not taken into account and I have a message following error :

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C;
      2. systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
      3. See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
      4. Error #0:
      5. OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
      6. See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
      7. Stack trace:
      8. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)
      9. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(146): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('start', NULL, false)
      10. #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/networking.inc(44): OMV\System\SystemCtl->start()
      11. #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleNetworking->startService()
      12. #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
      13. #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      14. #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      15. #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusO7...', '/tmp/bgoutputmY...')
      16. #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
      17. #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      18. #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
      19. #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      20. #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
      21. #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
      22. #14 {main}
      Display All

so i look at the status of the network with the command systemctl and i get:

Source Code

1. root@openmediavault:~# systemctl status networking.service
      2. ● networking.service - Raise network interfaces
      3. Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/networking.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
      4. Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2018-10-02 19:56:17 CEST; 52s ago
      5. Docs: man:interfaces(5)
      6. Process: 5313 ExecStart=/sbin/ifup -a --read-environment (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
      7. Process: 5309 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ "$CONFIGURE_INTERFACES" != "no" ] && [ -n "$(ifquery --read-environment --list --exclude=lo)" ] && udevadm settle (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      8. Main PID: 5313 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
      9. CPU: 66ms
      10. oct. 02 19:56:17 openmediavault systemd[1]: Starting Raise network interfaces...
      11. oct. 02 19:56:17 openmediavault ifup[5313]: RTNETLINK answers: File exists
      12. oct. 02 19:56:17 openmediavault ifup[5313]: ifup: failed to bring up enp3s0
      13. oct. 02 19:56:17 openmediavault systemd[1]: networking.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
      14. oct. 02 19:56:17 openmediavault systemd[1]: Failed to start Raise network interfaces.
      15. oct. 02 19:56:17 openmediavault systemd[1]: networking.service: Unit entered failed state.
      16. oct. 02 19:56:17 openmediavault systemd[1]: networking.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
      Display All

the network card seems to be well recognized but I do not see what could blame

Do you have an idea :?:

EDIT :

by testing another configuration I realized that by putting a static IP on the card it crashed the recording of the configuration while putting in DHCP it works well
      The problem would come from the static IP.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Methy ().