Virtualbox Plugin not displayed

• Hi,

I'm using Odroid HC2 and image for that (OMV_4_Odroid_XU4_HC1_HC2.img.xz). Previously I was working with different SD Card and saw the plugin "openmediavault-virtualbox", which is not visible anymore. I didn't change anything except using different SD Card, the omv-extras are preinstalled by default.

Do you have any idea why the plugin is not displayed? I checked the repos and it doesn't exist for arrmhf, still 100% sure it was there.

Thanks,
    Alex

• Yes the repo is enabled, did update on OMV-Extras Tab and check on Plugins tab, some new ones appeared but not virtualbox..

Any other idea? I have access to ssh and gui.

[EDIT] apt-cache search virtualbox shows the required packages and I was able to install it. Not sure how to make it work in OMV GUI..

All other packages are availabe, just not virtualbox

• Samsung Exynos5422 this is the ARM architecture when it comes to the CPU. VirtualBox is a virtualization for the CPU architectures of the x86 family.
    I do not recall the virtualization software that can freely virtualize a bunch of two different CPU architectures for host and guest. If you want to use VirtualBox you have to use it on a machine with an x86 CPU just like the systems that will be virtualized must be from the x86 family. If you need virtualization on a machine with ARM CPU then kvm / xen or something similar. In this case, also virtualized systems must be for the ARM architecture. If, however, you are necessarily interested in virtualization / emulation of ARM / x86 architectures, then you can look at the paid software "ExaGear" from the Eltechs company. There is also free QEMU but remember that compatibility is a big problem and in addition, performance x86 emulation on ARM is a terrible decline in performance. At the moment, there is probably no VB port for ARM. And even if one day something like that arises, we are still talking about the ARM host/guest.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!