OMC Lan direct PC

• Offizieller Beitrag

Without a switch? You need a crossover cable and static IP addresses on both. I would buy a switch though. It won't cost that much more than the crossover cable.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello.

Having OMV installed on a workstation and using it normally through my Router on a 1Gbs LAN , is there possible to place a PCIe 10Gb NIC both on server / my PC and to connect them directly to be able to write/read at 10Gbs between server and my PC ? - reason for this would be to avoid buying an expensive 10Gb switch .

(meanwhile the connection to internet should stay as it is on the 1Gbs cards/local network of Server & PC ).

• Hello.

Having OMV installed on a workstation and using it normally through my Router on a 1Gbs LAN , is there possible to place a PCIe 10Gb NIC both on server / my PC and to connect them directly to be able to write/read at 10Gbs between server and my PC ? - reason for this would be to avoid buying an expensive 10Gb switch .

(meanwhile the connection to internet should stay as it is on the 1Gbs cards/local network of Server & PC ).

*push*

Same issue here. Any solutions? The how-to's I found just explain how to bond NICs or how to have two unbonded NICs in the same network via switch etc.

UPDATE

Ok, seems to be simple, if you know where Windows is blocking the second network.

1. assign a unique IP to your second OMV NIC via ip addr add xxx.xxx.xxx.2/NETMASK dev DEVICE. If the NIC is down, activate it via ip link set DEVICE up.
    2. assign a unique IP to your second Windows NIC, which is +1 to the OMV address, so xxx.xxx.xxx.3. Netmask must be the same as the NETMASK for OMV. It now is crucial to set the gateway of your second Windows NIC to the unique IP of you OMV NIC; otherwise Windows is blocking the second network.
    3. Connect your SAMBA/CIFS share using the IP-address of the second OMV NIC instead of the OMV machine name.

Done.

OMV Version 5.5.11-1

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pudding () aus folgendem Grund: added solution /

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!