Free Space ??

• I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. On the filesystems screen, it shows 916GB capacity, 871GB Used but 0 available.

I was able to copy all of my data to the SMB share but now I can't copy anything. I've even deleted several gigs worth of data but still can't copy anything to the share. I can't even create a new directory. What am I doing wrong?

• What did you do? Is that 1 disk or a raid? If it is one disk you should not have tried to configure a raid volume. Delete it and go strait to the filesystem section. Format the disk ext4 and mount it.

• It is a raid. 2 1TB drive mirrored. I'm not sure what's going on. If i go to the share, I can delete files but if I try to copy or create a new file or directory, i get an error saying that the drive is full (0 bytes available).

But even if I delete something, I can't copy anything or create anything on the share afterwards.

• Yes I put data on them. I used rsync and copying from my windows machine via SMB share. I copied ~870GB worth of data onto the drives. They are Hitachi 1TB drives and yes I've tested them.

Looking at the screenshot, it shows that there is 871GB used but none available. I didn't change anything from when I did the copy/rsyncs. If I delete something off the drive, it updates the space used but available never changes.

• Did you enable the recycle bin when setting up the samba share? Don't worry this does not seem to be big problem. Maybe perm issue. Did you use privileges or acl to give your user read/write perms?

• Offizieller Beitrag

916 GB x 95% = 871 GB

It looks like you have 5% reserved for the root user. The following command should set it to 0.

tune2fs -m 0 /dev/md127

Did you create the raid array with OMV?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• But isn't this issue of files not being deleted because he is accessing via plubic share. Which user does this use, nobody? If he writes using public share which user is the owner? Does not have requisite perms to delete file? chmod 775 and other user cannot delete file. I don't use public share but perhaps he has to add additional line in extra options.

You would not have this issue if you created a user with read/write privileges on this share. Above are notes mostly for other moderators.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you can write to it on a public share, you should be able to delete. It is owned by nobody:users. Not sure why the space available doesn't update. I would curious to see if deleting files as root would free up any space.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sorry I haven't had a chance to do anything on the OMV today. I will try adding the user with r/w access and deleting files with root I'll report back later on this evening. Thanks for all the help.

• Sorry I haven't had a chance to post until now. After running the tune2fs command like was suggested, it updated the free space. I have since created users and assigned permissions and everything seems to be working correctly now! I want to thank ryecoaaron and tekkbebe for all their help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!