mmcblk1p2 Partition Fills up Until Syncthing Crashes

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have just gotten my new install on an Odroid to run smoothly. Running Syncthing to sync two Macs to each other and the Odroid. As the sync is in progress my mmcblk1p2 partition space continues to fill up until at about 13% complete sync for the Odroid the mmcblk1p2 partition usage indicator turns red at 85%/6.13gb full. At this point Syncthing shuts down. I am new at this. Any direction would be helpful.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, I guess I will reply to my own thread. Today I loaded a fresh install of OMV on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and the same thing happened as did with the Odroid. On this install I had only one shared folder and it was on Disk1, a 750gb 2.5" Hitachi. I was syncing from the pi to just one desktop mac. Surely someone out there can give me an answer to my plight.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to check what is filling the partition. I'm guessing it is logging a lot of errors. What is the output of: du -d1 -x -h / | sort -h

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to check what is filling the partition. I'm guessing it is logging a lot of errors. What is the output of: du -d1 -x -h / | sort -h

• Offizieller Beitrag

It looks like syncthing is syncing the files to a user's home directory. What is the output of: du -d1 -h -x /home/ | sort -h

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

It looks like syncthing is syncing the files to a user's home directory. What is the output of: du -d1 -h -x /home/ | sort -h

I ran the same command with /home/Wayne, and what do you know, a whole bunch of my synced folders were in there. So I'm guessing I am suppose to allow home directories? Just a guess. What is the command to delete those files/folders in /home/Wayne? Should I delete the folder /Wayne and its contents?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Enabling home directories would put the /home/wayne directory on a data disk (which seems to be what you want). It won't move it now though. So, you need to enable home directories, either create a new username or delete the old one and recreate. If your data can be re-sync'd, then rm -rf /home/wayne will remove the files.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Enabling home directories would put the /home/wayne directory on a data disk (which seems to be what you want). It won't move it now though. So, you need to enable home directories, either create a new username or delete the old one and recreate. If your data can be re-sync'd, then rm -rf /home/wayne will remove the files.

Enable home directories under User Setting - and choose a data disk as the destination?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Enable home directories under User Setting - and choose a data disk as the destination?

Yep

• Offizieller Beitrag

Works. Should I enable user home directories in SMB and/or Apple Filing as well?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should I enable user home directories in SMB and/or Apple Filing as well?

You can if you use those protocols but they won't affect syncthing.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks ever so much. All is working smoothly now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

After implementing Syncthing for a few days I have been getting "failed to setup inotify handler. Please increase inotify limits, see https://docs.syncthing.net/users/faq.html#inotify-limits" warnings at the top of my Syncthing GUI. Going to the link there are some commands to run, but after searching for how to implement it in omv, I'm not sure if I log into root and run the given commands, or if I should cd into some directory first. Just a little bread crumb in the right direction would be much appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Oh, I forgot. I was also going to ask if there is a preference to how Syncthing is installed. There is an installation point in plugins, and one through Docker. Which is better, and why, or is there no preference?

• Offizieller Beitrag

@dziekon thank you. I just did so and the warnings cleared up. Everything is running smoothly.

Anybody have any knowledge/opinion on the question above about plugin vs. Docker version of Syncthing. I am getting ready to install it on an Odroid-HC1 and would like to do it just once.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!