mmcblk1p2 Partition Fills up Until Syncthing Crashes

• OMV 4.x
    • mmcblk1p2 Partition Fills up Until Syncthing Crashes

New

I have just gotten my new install on an Odroid to run smoothly. Running Syncthing to sync two Macs to each other and the Odroid. As the sync is in progress my mmcblk1p2 partition space continues to fill up until at about 13% complete sync for the Odroid the mmcblk1p2 partition usage indicator turns red at 85%/6.13gb full. At this point Syncthing shuts down. I am new at this. Any direction would be helpful.

Retired. Love to garden and mess with computers. The more I mess with both the less I know about either.
    • New

Well, I guess I will reply to my own thread. Today I loaded a fresh install of OMV on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and the same thing happened as did with the Odroid. On this install I had only one shared folder and it was on Disk1, a 750gb 2.5" Hitachi. I was syncing from the pi to just one desktop mac. Surely someone out there can give me an answer to my plight.

Retired. Love to garden and mess with computers. The more I mess with both the less I know about either.
    • New

You need to check what is filling the partition. I'm guessing it is logging a lot of errors. What is the output of: du -d1 -x -h / | sort -h
      omv 4.1.12 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • New

It looks like syncthing is syncing the files to a user's home directory. What is the output of: du -d1 -h -x /home/ | sort -h

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • New

ryecoaaron wrote:

It looks like syncthing is syncing the files to a user's home directory. What is the output of: du -d1 -h -x /home/ | sort -h

I ran the same command with /home/Wayne, and what do you know, a whole bunch of my synced folders were in there. So I'm guessing I am suppose to allow home directories? Just a guess. What is the command to delete those files/folders in /home/Wayne? Should I delete the folder /Wayne and its contents?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Agricola ().

• New

Enabling home directories would put the /home/wayne directory on a data disk (which seems to be what you want). It won't move it now though. So, you need to enable home directories, either create a new username or delete the old one and recreate. If your data can be re-sync'd, then rm -rf /home/wayne will remove the files.

• New

ryecoaaron wrote:

Enabling home directories would put the /home/wayne directory on a data disk (which seems to be what you want). It won't move it now though. So, you need to enable home directories, either create a new username or delete the old one and recreate. If your data can be re-sync'd, then rm -rf /home/wayne will remove the files.
      Enable home directories under User Setting - and choose a data disk as the destination?
    • New

Agricola wrote:

Enable home directories under User Setting - and choose a data disk as the destination?
      Yep

• New

Agricola wrote:

Should I enable user home directories in SMB and/or Apple Filing as well?
      You can if you use those protocols but they won't affect syncthing.