Force reallocation of pending sectors

• I use two WD Red 6 TB each in Luks encrypted, unlocked at boot, and in an ZFS morror pool integrated.

SMART send me an notification, that there are 16 pendig sectors, 0 allocated, 0 offline uncorrectable and 1 multizone error. The day before yesterday I got the notification from weekly SMART self check that the multizone error was discovered, today I received the notification about the pending sectors.

The pending sectors wait for their reallocation, how can I force this or trigger this?

The ZFS pool is still availabe, backups are done already.

Is the removal of the disk, zero whipe it, encrypt it again and adding it back to the ZFS mirror pool an solution?

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

• Time for RMA ended August 26, 2018, the drives have more than 26k hours runtime, I have them for quite a while.

Zeroing might help, I keep that in mind, but does the drive an correction by assigning new areas by itself or do I need to force it to do that?

I am a litte concerned ripping the ZPS mirror apart.

Terry Pratchett

• I got the notification this morning, that pending sectors turned into offline uncorrectable ones ... I'll replace the drive.

Terry Pratchett

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!