Odroid C2 doesnt see usb drive/stick

• Hi all,

This is a first with OMV and I am very pleased with the speed and ease of OMV on my Odroid C2.

One thing though it doesn't recognise my USB ssd drive nor my USB flash stick. At the console I have done ""dmesg"; except from the emmc nothing is shown. Any help or advise is appreciated .

Edit:
    I did "lsusb -t" and got this:

Code
    /:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=dwc2/1p, 480M

|__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M

With and without devices plugged in. Tried it with:

• No name Chinese USB 2.0 serial ATA adapter with a Kingston 60 Gb SSD (ext4 formatted)
    • ADATA pro usb 3.0 stick 32 GB (ext4 formatted)
    • Transcend USB 3.0 adapter with microSD Samsung EVO 32 gb (FAT32 formatted)

Just to make sure; those three devices show up correctly in ubuntu 18.04 (x86)

• OMV on my Odroid C2

If you use latest image then USB hotplugging on the C2 has issues. So USB peripherals that are not already there when booting most probably will never show up. Whether this will be fixed eventually I don't know (I consider it being a mistake providing an OMV4 image for the C2 in the meantime)

• Cold booting the drives doesn't make a difference either

Then at least I would check for undervoltage as last resort. It's one of the most common issues with 5V powered SBC that input voltage drops in situations where consumption increases which then results in USB peripherals not working any more (USB specs require 4.75V min for majority of devices). Especially when you power your C2 via Micro USB

In case you have USB peripherals with an own PSU this would be also worth a try for obvious reasons.

• I have a similar problem I think.
    I've installed last version because I didn't find an older one.

I plugged an external hard drive (2.5 HDD) to my Odroid C2 and even if it's plugged when I turn on the Odroid it's not powered (hdd light stay off) and of course it's not reconized by OMV.

Is there a way to power up the USB? May I install an other version and where can I find it?

Thank you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!