Unable to Mount External Drive (SOLVED)

• Hi,

I've just setup OMV 4 on a Raspberry Pi 3+ and am trying to mount an external drive which is connected by USB, is formatted ntfs and contains data which I do not want to lose. When I try to mount the drive using the web interface, I obtain the following error message:

Zitat

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/Seagate\x20Expansion\x20Drive' 2>&1' with exit code '21': modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.9.80-v7+/modules.dep.bin'modprobe: FATAL: Module fuse not found in directory /lib/modules/4.9.80-v7+ntfs-3g-mount: fuse device is missing, try 'modprobe fuse' as root

I apologize in advance because I am somewhat of a novice at this, but would greatly appreciate any help in resolving this issue!

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I wouldn't use an ntfs drive on OMV and especially not on an RPi, you really need to update your system (from the Update tab). You are using a very old kernel.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• While I wouldn't use an ntfs drive on OMV and especially not on an RPi, you really need to update your system (from the Update tab)

Won't work since the archive.raspberrypi.org repos are obviously missing. This is just another case of RPi users not reading the basic instructions telling them the RPi needs a network connection at first boot to finish installation (if this would've happened kernel version would be already 4.14 and NTFS mounting would succeed).

• Offizieller Beitrag

if this would've happened kernel version would be already 4.14 and NTFS mounting would succeed

Good point. These RPi issues are getting old.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• These RPi issues are getting old

Well, this kernel versioning thing was really done by intention to spot this common problem:

Code
    - Ships with 4.9 kernel that will be updated to latest available version
      at first boot (4.14.30 starting in March 2018)

So we see 4.9 and can shout out RTFM. Unfortunately me too has bad memory and forgets stuff like this :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, this kernel versioning thing was really done by intention to spot this common problem

I wasn't talking about just the kernel :)

• Won't work since the archive.raspberrypi.org repos are obviously missing. This is just another case of RPi users not reading the basic instructions telling them the RPi needs a network connection at first boot to finish installation (if this would've happened kernel version would be already 4.14 and NTFS mounting would succeed).

Apologies! I thought I had had it connected but was apparently mistaken. Thank you pointing me in the right direction. I can now successfully mount the drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!