Remote Desktop - xfce4 - is not running because of wrong permissions

• Offizieller Beitrag

and what is the result?
    On both machines (with different IP's) I don't have access to the GUI.

With the output of systemctl and netstat, the service is running and listening on the proper port. Something is either blocking the connection (firewall, network, etc?) or you are trying to connect in the wrong method. When you say you don't have access to the gui, I assume you mean you can't connect to xrdp?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I checked systemctl and netstat again. It looks that the service is running because I always get the same result which I posted before.
    I don't have firewall enabled on my server because I can connect to other services with different ports like PlexMediaServer (port 32400), TVHeadend (port 9981). Ethernet is also working without any problems.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. How can I connect to xrdp? I only want to see xfce the minimal installed desktop. To connect to this I enter in my Internet-browser (Safari under Mac) the IP-address of the server and add the port (http://192.168.1.200:3389). This is not working

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Shame on me. Everything was working fine but I used the wrong program (internet browser) to connect to the servers. With a RDP-client all was ok.
    So the error was in front of the pc-screen.
    Sorry for stealing your time

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• i've similar issue:

Code
    Mar 31 00:54:00 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting xrdp daemon...
    Mar 31 00:54:00 raspberrypi systemd[1]: xrdp.service: PID file /var/run/xrdp/xrdp.pid not readable (yet?) after start: No such file or directory
    Mar 31 00:54:01 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started xrdp daemon.
    Mar 31 00:54:16 raspberrypi xrdp[5336]: (5336)(1991758880)[ERROR] Cannot read private key file /etc/xrdp/key.pem: Permission denied

and i've black screen. I use microsoft remote desktop, can you help me?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't found a solution yet.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

then it's a known bug?

Something changed in the xrdp or related package. Nothing changed in the plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

than we wait a your solution? (i'm not able to do it) or alternative (docker?) to have a so gui?

I looked for solutions but haven't spent any more time on it. You may be waiting a while. docker has plenty of xrdp images on the hub. Give one a shot and let us know if it works.

• Offizieller Beitrag

than we wait a your solution

Updating the xorgxrdp package allowed my install to start working. If you can test this for me, it is an easy fix.

sudo apt-get install -t stretch-backports xorgxrdp

Make sure to try the xorg session

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Updating the xorgxrdp package allowed my install to start working. If you can test this for me, it is an easy fix.
    sudo apt-get install -t stretch-backports xorgxrdp

Make sure to try the xorg session

nothing change, black screen or blue screen with access box without words

• Offizieller Beitrag

nothing change, black screen or blue screen with access box without words

This will make it even tougher to fix since this fixed my system. I will have to keep looking.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!