Hard disk not spin down due to Debian 9

• Recently I installed omv 4.x on Debian 9 with HP thin client with system on a SSD and data on a TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 3T HDD. Everything works ok except the HDD spin down. I set the APM to 1 and spin down timeout to 5 min for test, HDD will never spin down when I mount the HDD or not. So I did another test with fresh installed Debian 9 without omv and any other apps. The hdparm -y works ok, but the hdparm -B 1 and hdparm -S 60 never made the HDD spin down. So I think it is a Debian 9 bug, and I found this, if it is the fact, will the omv use hdparm work right?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also noticed that with hdparm the load cycle count of my drives increased quite fast. Therefor I use hd-idle now.
    May be it helps also in your case. I assume you have nothing installed that might access the HDD.

There is a guide in the forum on how to install hd-idle.

• I also noticed that with hdparm the load cycle count of my drives increased quite fast. Therefor I use hd-idle now.
    May be it helps also in your case. I assume you have nothing installed that might access the HDD.

There is a guide in the forum on how to install hd-idle.

Thank you for your reply. It seems the problem is due to the hdd toshiba p300. It will not act as hdparm set. The hd-idle work fine. Thank you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!