Redundant/bonded/failover NICs

• I've recently moved one of my NAS' and my SAN to OMV. These boxes have 1x 10GbE NIC and multiple 1GbE NICs. I'd like to set it up to ensure that the 10GbE is the primary NIC, but if it is down, for the secondary 1GbE to function. How can I achieve this in OMV? Or do I have to set this up via CLI?

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I achieve this in OMV? Or do I have to set this up via CLI?

You can bond NICs from the web interface but I don't think it would quite work with that setup (never tried with different NIC speeds). Might have to do this from command line.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You can bond NICs from the web interface but I don't think it would quite work with that setup (never tried with different NIC speeds). Might have to do this from command line.

It looks like I can add a bond in the UI and set the 10GbE Interface as the primary... However, small files copy over the network fine, but larger files 5, 10, 50+ files will start to copy to OMV, but will then just stall after a few seconds.

• Offizieller Beitrag

However, small files copy over the network fine, but larger files 5, 10, 50+ files will start to copy to OMV, but will then just stall after a few seconds.

I assume you are using samba?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!