Network connection gone until reboot

• Hi,

I'm having an issue with my OMV server. Really getting frustrated with this issue. I'm well aware of the other threads that are similar to what I'm experiencing but their solutions does not work for me. My OMV server has no network connection unless I manually or locally log into it and reboot the machine.

I've tried using a new Intel NIC thinking it might be the Realtek chipset onboard NIC, assigning a static IP outside of the DHCP scope, bought a brand new router, and updated the OMV to the latest version. It's still losing the connection and I'm having to constantly reboot it to get the connection back. I'm beyond frustrated to the point I'm about to say screw it and go with something else.

I can try a fresh re-install. My only concern with that is I don't want to lose all my data I have in my 24TB snapraid setup.

If anyone knows what might be happening, have a solution, or can tell me what logs I should pull to analyze that would be great.

I'm running this on an AMD 1700X on an Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 mobo.

• I'm not sure what you mean by how everything is connected but, its connected from either the onboard nic or the add-on nic to the old/new router or the 8 port switch I use. Changing how its connected does nothing.

• Offizieller Beitrag

old/new router or the 8 port switch I use. Changing how its connected does nothing.

Those, along with the ethernet cable will cause what you are experiencing. Routers are a total waste of time IMO, they are nothing more than hubs, I have a single ethernet cable from the router to a powered switch, anything that requires ethernet goes to the switch.
    Your symptoms are therefore one of three things, Router (total no no anyway), Switch, Ethernet Cable.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!