Bond interface - Debian bug, is there a workaround for OMV?

• I have a bonded interface on my OMV server. I need to set it up with a static address, in order to force the default gateway (an issue with Plex behaving stupidly, don't ask...)

If I set the interface as static, I get a complaint from the Debian OS at boot, 'cannot send bond option because the bond has slaves', and the interface does not function. If I leave it DHCP, I can't set the default gateway (ok, I can edit /etc/network/interfaces directly but that's dangerous with OMV thinking it controls the file).

The problem is a known Debian screw-up, bug report here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=870633 - but no sign of anyone fixing it. There is, on that thread, a workaround involving moving the bond options to a different config file.

Any chance that OMV could implement the workaround, please?

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!