Raspi, 2 USB HDD, Problem with Shared Folders

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Raspi, 2 USB HDD, Problem with Shared Folders

New

Hello again,

for Storage i get myself an Icy Box 3620U3 with two HDDs.
      In OMV i can see them, mount them, but i can see only the shared folders i create on one of the HDDs, in the Windows Explorer.
      I dont want to use raid. I just want use two HDDs, one for storage and one for backup.

I dont get the clue whats wrong, why i cant see the Shared Folders from both HDDs?
      Images
      • Laufwerke.PNG

15.02 kB, 892×244, viewed 16 times
      • Dateisysteme.PNG

25.23 kB, 963×320, viewed 12 times
      • Shared Folders.PNG

14.35 kB, 735×301, viewed 13 times
      • Explorer.PNG

17.25 kB, 986×295, viewed 11 times
    • New

Did you add the shared folder "backup" to SMB/CIFFS?

Another question would be, why you want to see your backup folder on Windows. I would rsync the data drive to the backup drive and keep the backup drive as isolated as possible. So I would not add it to SAMBA
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!:
    • New

Facepalm for myself....

I forget to add the folder in SMB/CIFS. Thank You!

I´d like to use the backup also for my icloud drive and some documents and stuff from windows. So i need an easy way to transfer them to a folder with the Explorer from windows. Maybe i could use FreeFileSync to sync that, not sure.

Is there a way to use rsync to sync data from my win10 PC with this backup shared folder? I thought rsync only works within omv.
    • New

Ah, I thought you backup was a backup of the other drive in the server.

I backup my Linux and Windows clients using UrBackup. It works great. UrBackup is creating snapshots of your files. So you can go back in time. For Windows it can also create a complete image of your (system) drive with incremental backup.

There is a UrBackup plugin available.

urbackup.org
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!: