Plex installation on ARM dedicated serveur

• Hello,

Here are my system information:
    Version: 4.1.13-1 (Arrakis)
    Processor: ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
    Kernel: Linux 4.9.124-armada375
    Dedicated server at SoYouStart: https://www.soyoustart.com/en/servers-storage/

The server is not a NAS in my local network and is accessible via a public domain, which I will name "domain.com".

I followed the installation and configuration videos of Techno Dad Life:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I set up a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate and access the https://domain.com/ admin interface correctly.

The installation of the OMV-Extras plugin and Docker service went smoothly.

However, the installation of Plex is more complicated...
    The video uses the amd64 version with "linuxserver/plex", I was careful to use the arm version with "lsioarmhf/plex" and that I will do with all the plugins.

When the container activates, it executes with a multitude of errors:

Code
    Illegal instruction
    6 3000 / config / Library / Application Support

and uses the CPU at 100%.
    On the other hand, the plugin is not accessible via the interface: https://domaine.com:32400/web

with this message: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

There is no firewall rule defined at first. I will add them later when the services will work.

Do you have an idea of the problem :?:

Thank you

• I am experiencing exactly the same issue, but have not been able to find a solution yet. At the moment my best guess is that the problem could be caused by NetworkManager which is enabled by default on my Helios4 ARM build.

• Why? Since NM is evil?
    When I did a quick google search for the issue described above the solution seems to be to disable IPv6 in the Docker container.

Yes, it seems to be related to IPv6. I will try disabling IPv6 in the container as you say. So far I only tried disabling IPv6 in the host.

I'm not saying that NM is evil. It just takes some time to get used to it and figure out how the configuring works.

• I tried to disable IPv6 in the container, but without much success. Would it even make a difference if host networking mode is used?

I went back and tried to disable IPv6 completely in the host, but without much success either. Using "armbian-config" I tried disabling IPv6, but after reboot NM created a new Wired Connection 2 and shows again an inet6 line when running "ip addr show".

• I finally resolved the problem by building the lsioarmhf/plex container myself. The underlying plexmediaserver-installer package is built either using the Netgear or Synology build. The fact that the log shows "Illegal instruction" probably indicates that the lsioarmhf/plex container available on the Docker Hub is built using the build which is not supported by my board. For me it is the Synology build that worked (which also seems to be the build for the OMV Plex plugin).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!