Docker installation issue

• I'm trying to install the Docker plugin, but I'm unable to activate it. The error message I get is pasted under.

Note that this is not the first I'm installing OMV/Docker, did it several times (live & vm) without any issue.
    The only difference here is that I've installed OMV (4.1.13-1) on top of Debian (9.5), after adding the repo to the sources list.
    Everything else went fine, the system is running fine.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you install a desktop environment?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's a fresh install with mate on top of it and then omv, nothing else.

So, yes you do have a desktop environment. I highly recommend not running a desktop environment on OMV and this is an example of why (it changes settings that break OMV).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I'm aware this is not recommended.
    But I was asked if it was possible to plug-in a TV directly on OMV without getting extra hardware involved (friend already has 3 computers running and enough remaining parts to setup a more than decent NAS system).

So, as OMV usually runs with Debian, I installed the lastest ISO (9.5) on a VM with Mate (as this was the main solution I found), added OMV sources, installed and initialized it to check.
    Everything works as intended, expect for Docker (point was to use Emby).

• I do need OMV though.
    He wanted a dedicated computer for the NAS (at the moment it runs in a VM on the computer he uses to host dedicated games servers, which isn't the most efficient setup).
    As there's a TV on the room the NAS is going to sit, well, why not plug it directly on the computer and watch the files directly instead of adding more hardware in between.

• Offizieller Beitrag

As there's a TV on the room the NAS is going to sit, well, why not plug it directly on the computer and watch the files directly instead of adding more hardware in between.

Because having a desktop environment causes problems with OMV which is meant to be a headless NAS. You could either run OMV in a VM on the desktop or buy a cheap arm device to run libreelec or whatever.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The /dev/tty issue has been fixed in omv-extras 4.1.13 in the repo now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!