PHP Fatal Error: Uncaught Error

• So I didn't log into omv webinterface for quite a while. I previously upgraded from jessie to stretch.
    Now I need to set up new hdd and logging into webif I'm greeted with this message:

Code
    Error #0: OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:186 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('System', 'getInformation', Array, Array, 3) #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle() #2 {main}

Now choosing "disks" or "filesystems" tab it's just loading and not showing anything.
    Looking into syslog I see following errors:

I read that omv requires php 7.0. I guess I somwhere updated to php 7.2 :/

But I still have php 7.0 installed.

Now via update-alternatives --config php I saw that default php version is 7.2. So I changed it to 7.0 and rebooted.

Unfortunatly this did not solve the issue :( How can I force omv to use php 7.0?
    Or maybe I should install php 5.6 and try that??

• Offizieller Beitrag

You probably upgraded to buster (Debian 10). Your system is a mess and I recommend starting over.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You probably upgraded to buster (Debian 10). Your system is a mess and I recommend starting over.

No, I upgraded from debian jessie to debian stretch using omv-upgrade.

I'm running omv on top of armbian os. Debian buster isn't avaiable via armbian stable.

Is there nothing else I can do to fix this? I didn't think a dedicated nas app/os would break after a simple system upgrade. But to be honest, I just started using it a few month agao. I know too little about omv to judge here, maybe one should "stay in omv" and use it as an os rather than an app in you os. I saw there are many plugins for all sorts of apps also docker (which I still didn't tinker with yet).

Armbian os is still rock solid after the upgrade.

Is there at least a backup option of omv settings and network shares I can later restore? Some tabs in webif still work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, I upgraded from debian jessie to debian stretch using omv-upgrade.

I'm sorry but iIf your system has php 7.2 on it, you at least upgraded some components to buster. There is no php 7.2 in stretch backports.

I'm running omv on top of armbian os. Debian buster isn't avaiable via armbian stable.

armbian is Debian and uses the normal Debian repos. All it would take is an additional entry to sources.list (or another list in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/) to get buster packages.

Is there nothing else I can do to fix this? I didn't think a dedicated nas app/os would break after a simple system upgrade.

Most upgrades are fine. Seems like some tinkering outside the normal upgrade happened.

Is there at least a backup option of omv settings and network shares I can later restore? Some tabs in webif still work.

No.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Try to install the package php-bcmath which should be installed by the package manager automatically because it is a dependency of the openmediavault package.

Oh no, apt-get tells me it's already installed :( Any other ideas?

I'm sorry but iIf your system has php 7.2 on it, you at least upgraded some components to buster. There is no php 7.2 in stretch backports.

Hmm.. that's strange. I checked sources.list and all files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d and nowhere is a buster entry..

• Offizieller Beitrag

I checked sources.list and all files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d and nowhere is a buster entry..

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep php

• What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep php

• Offizieller Beitrag

Huh, those are php 7.2 packages built for jessie. Those definitely didn't come from a Debian repo. What is the output of:
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

• Huh, those are php 7.2 packages built for jessie. Those definitely didn't come from a Debian repo. What is the output of:
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

That sury.org/php line?..Damn...I did not add this. It could only be Atomic-Toolkit: https://github.com/htpcBeginner/AtoMiC-ToolKit I guess.. ;(

• Offizieller Beitrag

That sury.org/php line?..Damn...I did not add this. It could only be Atomic-Toolkit: github.com/htpcBeginner/AtoMiC-ToolKit I guess.

Technically you did add it. That toolkit looks like it takes over an install which is very bad for OMV. This is why running things in docker is much better because it doesn't add tons of things to your OMV install. So, I stand by my original statement that you need to re-install to fix this mess.

• Technically you did add it. That toolkit looks like it takes over an install which is very bad for OMV. This is why running things in docker is much better because it doesn't add tons of things to your OMV install. So, I stand by my original statement that you need to re-install to fix this mess.

That's a bummer. I don't understand why I can't just tell omv to us php 7.0? I read in debian stretch different php versions can run in parallel without problems. And with update-alternatives --config php I chose php 7.0 as default version. So why can't omv just use it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

That's a bummer. I don't understand why I can't just tell omv to us php 7.0? I read in debian stretch different php versions can run in parallel without problems. And with update-alternatives --config php I chose php 7.0 as default version. So why can't omv just use it?

OMV explicitly puts its configs in the /etc/php/7.0 directory. So, having the other packages on the system aren't the problem. The toolkit probably altered other files because it wants to configure a web server. I have no idea what it did but I wouldn't want to spend the time to figure it out. It would take less time to reinstall (at least for me).

• OMV explicitly puts its configs in the /etc/php/7.0 directory. So, having the other packages on the system aren't the problem. The toolkit probably altered other files because it wants to configure a web server. I have no idea what it did but I wouldn't want to spend the time to figure it out. It would take less time to reinstall (at least for me).

How can I remove openmediavault? I want to reinstall it via armbian-config to get omv again with optimised settings.
    Like that:
    apt-get purge openmediavault
    apt-get autoremove

On armbian forum I didn't get an answer yet and uninstall via armbian-config is not implemented.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I remove openmediavault? I want to reinstall it via armbian-config to get omv again with optimised settings.
    Like that:
    apt-get purge openmediavault
    apt-get autoremove

Yes but I would use apt-get --purge autoremove. Just don't assume armbian-config is going to magically fix this system.

• Today when I logged in, I experienced the exact same issue. I didn't upgrade Debian to another Major version. What I regularly do is just the normal apt-get update & upgrade. Can't remember of any php updates but I normally don't have a look at what is being updated. And it was the first login after a reboot.

So, my error message is:

Code
    Apr  8 20:31:44 DebianNAS omv-engined[8211]: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bccomp() in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/functions.inc:689#012Stack trace:#012#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/system.inc(428): binary_format('16452345856')#012#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSystem->getInformation(Array, Array)#012#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#012#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getInformation', Array, Array)#012#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('System', 'getInformation', Array, Array, 1)#012#5 {main}#012  thrown in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/functions.inc on line 689

More info, see next post.

• dpkg -l | grep php

More info, see next post

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!