POLL: Which are your most used 3rd-party OMV Plugins?

• Is there a central location where users or mods could help develop these plugins, somewhere like github?

I have been changing MySQL but as my php skills are not as good as others here I keep hitting a wall, but I could upload what I have so far so that a php dev could use it as a base, also if I could see other code being developed It may help me and others understand how to overcome some issues.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• How about a utorrent plugin in, too. I have nothing against transmission, but the utorrent for linux looks promising and uses less memory.
    Since plugins are being ported, maybe someone is willing to create a plugin for that as an alternative for transmission.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "jhmiller"

Is there a central location where users or mods could help develop these plugins, somewhere like github.

I setup an svn repository - http://omv-extras.org/viewvc I could give you access to that. PM me.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Any word on Marcel.Beck it seems he has not been active for a while. Personally I won't upgrade to 0.5 until some of the third party scripts gets updated. I need cups, and autoshutdown. I use others too but need those 2. I have 3 printers hooked up to cups. I have no issues with 0.4 it is very solid.

• The autoshutdown script from Solo0815 is useable with 0.5, but you would lack the ability to set it up via the Gui.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Dennis"

OwnCloud is missing and would be first choice!

You can install it with this script. You don't really need a plugin.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Dennis"

The script-installation is storing the personal data in the OS-HDD. :cry:

Once you get to the initial install screen where you enter the username and password, you can select where the data is stored. The same thread also has ideas for symlinking the data directory to a share.

• You can only pick *3* plugins?! The horror!

My setup has :

Antivirus (runs nightly)
    CUPS (infrequent at present - but I suspect will pick up)
    DNSMasq (used every few hours, every device in the house is set off DHCP via my OMV box!)
    MiniDLNA (used a few times a week)
    NUT (used by my main PC whenever it's on, it auto shuts down if my UPS notices a power outage)
    OpenVPN (used quite a lot)
    SSH (used a few times a week/quite a lot in conjunction with VPN)
    VirtualBox (infrequent use - installed for testing PABX/PIAF - but found the N40L a bit lacking for virtual telephony)

Not to mention I'm running Asterisk (+ Asterisk GUI & FOP2 Server), OpenRemote, FreeRADIUS and DNSCrypt running on the box too.....

• Offizieller Beitrag

Antivirus, nut, and ssh are native plugins. We are just looking for the most used 3rd party plugins to port first. Hopefully, all of them will get ported :)

• I'm sorry if you are anoyed that you can only pick 3, but we want to know which ones are the most used, so it doesn't help the poll if all users vote for all plugins. That would make it harder for the plugin devs to know on which plugin the focus should be.

And as you should've seen, clam-av, nut and ssh are no 3rd party plugins. They are developed by Volker himself, so need to bother about them.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Zitat von "CM000n"

For me it will be definitly the mysql plugin, which I use for my centralized XBMC Database

Same for me :)

This is beneath the SABnbzd|SickBeard|Couchpotato etc. pp. from jhmiller the most important thing. All the rest is builtin stuff.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• I have reopened the poll, the 4th maybe was a bit short for every one to vote.
    You can now vote till the 10th of september.

Greetings
    David

• MiniDLNA is close. This is not easy stuff. On the first version in .5 the rescan feature will not be functional. Later we will try to fix it but will probably move on to some other plugins first. Everyone should really try Plex Media Server. They are doing amazing stuff. It is not lightweight like minidlna though.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!