Spontaneous Unmount

• My Rock64 has two discs attached to it, the first (Boss) holds all of my data and back ups, the second (Slave) is a scheduled rsync copy of Boss that runs at 02:30 daily.

Last night both discs spontaneously unmounted at around 02:39 (the time of a system email). Any idea why this might happen?

This scheduled job has run largely unchanged for the past 6 months. The only modification is I upgraded Slave two days ago and enabled write cache. I left it copying Boss during the day yesterday.

I got a "sending incremental file list" message at 02:30 which indicated that Slave was an exact copy of Boss.

For the record I am getting several daily CRON-APT messages about "Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/dists/jessie/updates/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-arm64/Packages' in Release file".

OMV 4.1.8.2-1
    Rock64, 1Gb
    Logitech Media Server 7.9.2

• Offizieller Beitrag

For the record I am getting several daily CRON-APT messages about "Failed to fetch security.debian.org/dists/jessie/updates/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-arm64/Packages' in Release file".

If you go to that url, there is no arm64 repo. Not sure if there ever was but I would upgrade to OMV 4.x.

Any idea why this might happen?

Not without seeing logs. Did you look at syslog?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the reply.

I hadn't looked at the log as this is alien territory to me. I have now looked and the log starts at 07:35:23 today so it is too late to be useful.

Quite separately I followed the suggestion to move up to OMV4 by entering omv-release-upgrade in PuTTY. Now I can only see the system on PuTTY, I can't see it in my browser, http://192.168.1.180/ just times out. I've tried rebooting and it makes no difference.

This is now veering off topic but is there a ready fix for this? The end of the upgrade had the following text:

dpkg: man-db: dependency problems, but processing triggers anyway as you requested:
    man-db depends on bsdmainutils; however:
    Package bsdmainutils is not configured yet.
    man-db depends on libgdbm3 (>= 1.8.3); however:
    Package libgdbm3:armhf is not configured yet.

Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-flashmemory

folder2ram

OMV 4.1.8.2-1
    Rock64, 1Gb
    Logitech Media Server 7.9.2

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would try apt-get -f install Did you backup your SD card? It might be easier to install fresh.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think a fresh install is needed.

I agree and iIt will take less time.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!