Cant access web ui

• Hello everyone,

i am running an OMV server since some time totally unattended. the last few days i was unable to access the server via its name but only via the ip adress.
    recently i was gettinge problems with permissions when processing nzbget downloads with sonarr. so i wanted to remove the plugins and install more recent versions via docker. to remove the plugins i wantet to access the webui, but it was not possible. after rebooting the machine is is still not possible, while all the services are still available.
    after some digging i found the following error:

Code
    nginx: [emerg] duplicate listen options for [::]:80 in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui:35

changing the port to some random number gives me the same error, just with a different port number.

any idea how to get the webui running again?

• Hello,

I have the same problem and cannot login to webgui of OMV 3. Came out of the blue.
    Both, Firefox and I-Explorer don't work give
    "Fehler: Gesicherte Verbindung fehlgeschlagen
    Beim Verbinden mit 192.168.0.35 trat ein Fehler auf. Sichere Kommunikation mit der Gegenstelle ist nicht möglich: Keine gemeinsamen Verschlüsselungsalgorithmen. Fehlercode: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP"

I tried above, didn't work.
    SSH works as well as jdownloader service.
    journalctl -xe give following

What can I do?
    <-- Linux noob

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem seems that the SSL ciphers configuration in nginx is not correct anymore or does not match with the requirements of the latest web browsers.
    You may give this a try:

Because i do not have a running OMV3 system anymore we need to find out which nginx and openssl versions are used there:
    https://packages.debian.org/jessie/openssl
    https://packages.debian.org/jessie/nginx

With this info we can generate the suggested ciphers config: https://mozilla.github.io/serv…t&hsts=yes&profile=modern

Now open /etc/default/openmediavault and add the following line

Code
    OMV_NGINX_SITE_WEBGUI_SSL_CIPHERS="ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256"

Now rebuild the config and restart nginx

Bash
    # omv-mkconf nginx
    # service nginx restart

Please consider to upgrade your system. Debian nor OMV will provide security updates for this systems anymore.

• I appreciate your help.

I tried what you suggested, but it did not work. I still get the same reply.

Also tried Chrome as a third browser. SSL does not work. But I can login unprotected. ;)

Does this mean OMV 3 globally does not work with SSL anymore?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!