"Remote device or resource won't accept the connection"

• Hi, new user. Fresh installation of omv 4.1.6 (updated from 4.1.3 to fix another issue where that was the recommended fix). All I have done is to move the microserver (HP N54L) into the other room after setting it all up. Now I have no access to the web gi, windows diagnosis tells "The remove device or resouce won't accept the connection". Putty attempt gives "Fatal error Network error: connection refused".
    The dhcp server says the ip name reservation is active and I get a reply when I ping the ip address.

Obviously, I'm going to have to cart my screen into the other room to try to see what's going on, but could somebody give me an idea as to what's going on? I'm getting quite frustrated with this installation, I've encountered a lot of issues. Not being able to access the server remotely is a deal-breaker if this isn't something I can easily fix and not have happen again.

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are too many possibilities to list them. A brief start:

The install is bad.
    Something shaked loose in the move.
    Bad network cables.
    You attempt to connect to the wrong device.
    Cosmic radiation fried a few bits on the root filesystem.
    You have an enemy that sabotage your stuff.

I think the most likely is that you attempt to connect to the wrong device. Or the enemy stuff.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• Thanks adoby. I think it might be a combination of ALIEN enemies and ghosts in the machines. :D

I was definitely trying to connect to the right IP address and there's nothing wrong with the cable (it was connecting to the previous incarnation of the same box without issues) but direct connection with a monitor revealed that it was not booting, with a string of errors.... Nothing was loose.

The installation was fine when it was in another room....

Unfortunately, yet another "drama" had me reach the end of my tether and I've given up. :(

Thanks anyway.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!